stewakd
stewakd Posts: 3
edited September 18 in Food and Nutrition
Anyone heard of this and can explain what it is? Thanks KDS:smile:

Replies

• Anyone heard of this and can explain what it is? Thanks KDS:smile:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    It is like calorie cycling I am sure I just posted a link yesterday I believe.

dd
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Calorie-Shifting-Diets

A quote from the above website:

Tricking the Metabolism?
    Calorie shifting basically keeps your metabolism from becoming complacent. So instead of following, for example, a 1200 calorie diet for months on end, you provide shocks to your system so that your metabolism doesn't expect the same thing every day. You could eat 1200 calories a day for six days and then on the 7th day, eat 2500 Another method would be to eat 1000 calories one day, 1400 the day after, 1200, 1800, etc.

Or if you were following a very low carb plan, instead of changing up the number of calories, you could increase your carb consumption a couple of times a month.

Some diet plans suggest zig zagging the ratios of carbs/proteins so that you are only eating low carb for a few days before going back to a high carb day, but you should keep in mind that a lot of the reason low carb plans actually work is because your body goes into ketosis after several days with low carb levels and this helps prevent hunger. If you zig zag every couple of days, then you will never go into ketosis. You may find that this works just fine for you, but it is something to keep in mind as you figure out the best way for your body to lose weight.
This discussion has been closed.