c25k challenge includes joggers that fall down and wet lycra

Options
My C25K challenge incudes joggers that won't stay up and wet lycra (Edit post)
Posted on 05/02/2012 by trollydollymolly
On Friday, 13th April, I had a light bulb moment... one quick blink and I thought it would go away. But no, something was nagging away at me. Having joined MFP In January, I was doing well with my adaptation to a new way of eating and was beginning to see the results - ok you might have to use a magnifying glass - but you get the gist.

On Saturday, 14th April I went and bought a good pair of running shoes - nearly fainted at the price - but hey ho if I was going to do this I had better have the right equipment - and this would be an added incentive to get, and keep, going.

I decided that I would have set days for my runs, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and as I am an early bird I set out on my first day at 5.15.a.m. This barbaric torture, sorry meant to say workout, involved a brisk 5 min warm up followed by alternating 60 secs of jogging and 90 secs of walking for 20 mins. Now I know a lot of you don't think that 60 sec is a long time but take it from ME, it seems like an eternity. After about the 3rd repetition, I decided I was going to die and started planning my funeral flowers, music etc and wondered what they would dress me in. Having pondered my farewell, I suddenly realised that I had completed day 1 and that I was still on this earth!. Yippee!!! Panting, red faced and sweaty, I was not a pretty sight as I crawled through the front door. It can only get better I thought and a steely determination had decended on me from heaven knows where.

Day 2 I set out - determined but with trepidation as I knew what was coming. In addition to the physical and mental challenge I now had to do battle with a pair of sodding joggers that kept falling down - this was at least a distraction from fighting for breath. Having hoicked up my joggers no end of times (wonder how many calories that burned) I decided I needed to fit myself up with some (shhhh) lycra leggings. Look, it is almost dark at 5.15am and as not many people are up and about at that time, the likelihood of me causing people to faint with shock and horror is unlikely. Added to which, I decided I needed an armband for my phone and more importantly a double strength shock absorber bra.

Day 3. Vital pieces of equipment (phone holder, bra and lycra) had not arrived so it was the on going battle with said joggers and stopping my phone from falling out of my pocket. At end of workout I was not struggling for breath - well not as much!!

Hooray... I am officially a runner.... not because I can bloody well run but because I have an armband (pink I hasten to add) , shock absorber bra and lycra leggings. Wey Hey!!

Week 2 involved usual warm up plus alternating 90 secs of jogging and 2 mins of walking. Well I have to say folks, the armband, the bra and the leggings made all the difference. At the end of this week, I was no longer in need of oxygen but had morphed into a heavy breather - not a sexy heavy breather, more of "oh my god you pervert variety". However, the hardest part of this week was getting the dammed wet leggings off..... answers on a post card please as to how to do this easily and without the dog thinking it is some sort of game.

On Monday 30th April I started week 3. I was a bit in awe of this week as it involved 2 repetitions of jogging for 90 seconds, walking for 90 seconds, jogging for 3 (yes three!!!) minutes and walking for 3 minutes. I now had Paul Rodgers blaring into my ear lug from the comfort of my pink arm band and trotted round my route. All of a sudden I heard "cool down" in ear . A wave of panic set through me as I thought the app had reverted to the week before and I would have to do it all over again AND I was merely breathing hard. I checked the app and a wave of euphoria came over me as I HAD done the right run on the right day!!! I was so chuffed with myself. Ok, I know I haven't run a marathon (nor do I want to) but for me it was such an achievement as I am certainly not a runner.

I actually enjoyed today's workout.... I think I might need to see a doctor and am looking forward to Friday.

Next week is gonna be hard as it involves 5 minute runs but I will keep you posted.

Replies

• NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    I love reading your posts! You are so funny!! Great job! You are very inspiring! :)
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Great post - I am about to start c25k.
    You inspired me : )
  • nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

Awesome post, so so funny, but well done for persevering and turning yourself into a runner