Flab be gone!

Options
cschu544
cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
Hello folks:

I'm normally not one of those braggers, but I am now only 3.5 pounds away from reaching my goal weight. I started my journey at a scary 185 pounds. I say scary not because I was overweight, but because I really damaged my heart by eating the way I was eating. I have mitrovalve prolapse (which is common-- I'm sure there are a lot of you out there who share the same heart condition) however, the way that I was eating and not exercising was giving me more chest pain than I ever had. Honestly, the reason I got motivated to change wasn't even my health (even though I told myself it was). Nope, it was because my at-the-time boyfriend was entering the Army, and I am so competitive, I wanted to lose more weight than he did while he was away. (By the way, I won ;)

Ok, so I won't bore you with any more back story. Just know this journey was HARD. And EVERYONE is right when they say, it took you a LONG time to put on the weight, it's going to take you LONGER to take it off. So be patient! I'm ALWAYS here for support. :)

So here's my "fattest picture".

314891_786729630617_26611012_38227205_10221962_n.jpg

216256_721295561017_26611012_37380378_7944452_n.jpg

Yea... check that out... I am 5'8'' and at my heaviest in my life here.

Here is what 185 big ones looks like:

Untitled.jpg

August 16, 2011

I started at the gym, running (well.. jogging slowly) and doing some weight lifting. I didn't see any improvement for about a month, I wasn't gaining or losing anything. Then I figured the key to MY weight loss was my water consumption (believe it or not).. I found the more I drank, the easier it was for me to lose weight!! Go figure..

From August to November I lost about 15 pounds:

BodyP2.jpg

TA-DA! Check out the belly fat going down.. kind of...

In November is when I really kick-started my weight-loss. I found the love of my life: Zumba. And anyone who is my MFP friend, knows how much I love it. That is where I saw the most drastic change in my weight loss. I even got certified as an instructor :)

2012-02-02_17-04-23_813.jpg

(She's my idol <3 )

I encourage you ALL to just try a class. Even if you can't dance, or don't think you have any rhythm, or think you're too big or too small or too ..whatever you think you are, believe me- ANYONE at any age can Zumba.

Not only that, but I began racing and running competitively. Now I absolutely love it. I forgot how much I loved exercising until I started doing it again.

My first 5k race ever at 34 minutes and 18 seconds:

324715_828535690937_26611012_38543238_1251290497_o.jpg

Andddddddd this is my final result as of May 1, 2012:

2012-04-09_21-32-25_130.jpg

185-138 and counting :) (excuse the gross sweatiness)

2011-12-20_13-57-07_25.jpg

"We think that if we had every comfort available to us, we’d be happy. We equate comfort with happiness. And now we’re so comfortable we’re miserable. There’s no struggle in our lives. No sense of adventure. What I’ve found is that I’m never more alive than when I’m pushing and I’m in pain, and I’m struggling for high achievement, and in that struggle I think there’s a magic. -Dean Karnazes"

Replies

• stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss! You look great :)
  • riceks
    riceks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly! Fantastic job!! Very inspiring...
  • patriciaannbibo
    patriciaannbibo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow you look Amazing! Great results
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! CONGRATS!! you look great
  • mrs_madame
    mrs_madame Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo I'm so proud of you girly! You forgot to show everyone your zumba tattoo though! It's pretty BA haha
  • Mischelina
    Mischelina Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    you look great! congrats!
  • Mezzle13
    Mezzle13 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic!! Congratulations! My friends are all into Zumba but as I get compared to a drunk gazelle when trying to do anything that requires the slightest bit co-ordination I haven't dared to give it a go :-)
  • alars09
    alars09 Posts: 27
    Options
    Love zumba! I do it on the Wii!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Congratulations -- on discovering a new love (zumba), and on re-discovering an old love (enjoyment of running/exercise). And congratulations for making a commitment and not getting discouraged during when you started !

And congrats on becoming certified to teach -- a wonderful accomplishment!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    get your brag on, you look great!
  • ltparker
    ltparker Posts: 32
    Options
    Congrats! You look great and from your words you sound great! There's hope for my belly fat to go away! Thanks for the motivation.
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    Brilliant! Congratulations on doing so well when there are so many people who use conditions as an excuse to give up on themselves. You are truly inspirational!

EDIT: Might I add you as a friend?
  • tulip07
    tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look absolutely fantastic!
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Congrats on almost hitting your goal!!! You look amazing!!! All your hard work is really paying off keep up the awesome work!:happy:
  • Dmaxsgirl
    Dmaxsgirl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting! You started where I am (5'8, 185) and ended where I want to be! Thanks for the inspiration!:happy:
  • bellac1981
    bellac1981 Posts: 9
    Options
    great job!!
  • mandypooh2103
    mandypooh2103 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • MelanieL1984
    Options
    I gotta bump this. I can't see the pics on this computer, I will have to wait to get on my one at home.

Congrats on the loss though!!!!
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You are truly inspirational! stand proud
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You look sooo great! And I love your hair in the last pic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!