A diet plan that I follow which helped me!!!!

Options
This diet is what gave me the largest weight loss while still maintaining muscle size when I was home in the states. People get so rapped up into thinking that you need to only eat once a day to lose weight or even go as far as starving yourself. Yes, starving yourself or only eating enough to survive is one very bad technique and yes it will lead to TEMPORARY weight loss but the majority is water and muscle NOT FAT. Properly eating small healthy meals ever few hours will keep your metabolism running high which will allow you to burn (FAT) while keeping your muscles filled with protein. Here is a sample diet I use when I decided to cut. Granted, I am in Afghanistan right now, but when I am at home, this is what I follow. I set up a lot of meal plans for others were I live and it all revolves around the amount of calories you need to have per day at your GOAL weight.

DIET
Meal One:

6 egg whites, 1 yolk
3 tbsp Malt-o-Meal or Cream of Wheat w/ Honey
2 pieces whole wheat toast w/ Jelly

Meal Two:
1 serving Whey Protein

Meal Three:
6 oz. Eye Round or Flank Steak
¾ cup white rice

Meal Four:
1 serving Protein
Snack: 2 rice cakes
One small apple

Meal Five:
8 oz. Chicken Breast
Baked French Fries w/ ketchup

Meal Six:
1 serving Protein

SUPPLEMENTS
Liquid Amino Acid by Precision Engineer
Protein Shakes by CyroSport
Twinlab Rip Fuel
Multivitamin

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    You don't eat many veggies do you? That would be very hard for me to do. I'm glad this worked for you.
  • dixon5000
    dixon5000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This is only one of many meal plans. I do add alot of lettuce with red vinegar dressing about 4 weeks into this diet. One thing I didnt mention is that I do a high carb meal every 3 or 4 days. Pretty much alot of rice, sweet potatoes on that day. It kick starts my metabolism....
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    french fries w/ kethcup.....sign me up!
    :laugh:

SERIOUSLY though...thanks for the post, I get your point
    I think lots of people on this site (I have to say I think mostly woman) don't consume enough cals and wind up getting frustrated and quitting or bingeing etc
    When I came here I started eating about 1500 cals and 6 small meals....I'm now maintaning and eat 1800-1900 cals...it can be done!

Thanks and good luck to you!
    :flowerforyou:
    Kim
  • dixon5000
    dixon5000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I dont eat fries all the time, but it helps with the urge to cheat. With this sight providing a great tracking program you would be surprised on what you can eat....
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    This diet is what gave me the largest weight loss while still maintaining muscle size when I was home in the states. People get so rapped up into thinking that you need to only eat once a day to lose weight or even go as far as starving yourself. Yes, starving yourself or only eating enough to survive is one very bad technique and yes it will lead to TEMPORARY weight loss but the majority is water and muscle NOT FAT. Properly eating small healthy meals ever few hours will keep your metabolism running high which will allow you to burn (FAT) while keeping your muscles filled with protein. Here is a sample diet I use when I decided to cut. Granted, I am in Afghanistan right now, but when I am at home, this is what I follow. I set up a lot of meal plans for others were I live and it all revolves around the amount of calories you need to have per day at your GOAL weight.

DIET
    Meal One:

6 egg whites, 1 yolk

Meal Two:
    1 serving Whey Protein

Meal Three:
    ¾ cup white rice

Meal Four:
    1 serving Protein
    One small apple

Meal Five:
    8 oz. Chicken Breast

Meal Six:
    1 serving Protein

SUPPLEMENTS
    Twinlab Rip Fuel
    Multivitamin

i'm looking for a good Multivitamin that wont hurt my stomach..do you know of any?
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options

DIET
    Meal One:

6 egg whites, 1 yolk

Meal Two:
    1 serving Whey Protein

Meal Three:
    ¾ cup white rice

Meal Four:
    1 serving Protein
    One small apple

Meal Five:
    8 oz. Chicken Breast

Meal Six:
    1 serving Protein

SUPPLEMENTS
    Twinlab Rip Fuel
    Multivitamin

i'm looking for a good Multivitamin that wont hurt my stomach..do you know of any?

Try buying Nature's Own. They are pretty good but with pretty much any vitamin you need to take most people need to take them with a meal or you get what I like to call "vita-tummy," when the vitamin makes you nauseous and/or makes your stomach hurt.
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    [/quote]

Try buying Nature's Own. They are pretty good but with pretty much any vitamin you need to take most people need to take them with a meal or you get what I like to call "vita-tummy," when the vitamin makes you nauseous and/or makes your stomach hurt.
    [/quote]

Try to find a liquid vitamin. I have a super sensitive tummy myself and take mine in liquid form or gummy form. They now make them for adults. It was also recommended to me to take a childrens vitamin for a bit and work up to an adult one.....and always take with a meal!
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options

[/quote]

Try to find a liquid vitamin. I have a super sensitive tummy myself and take mine in liquid form or gummy form. They now make them for adults. It was also recommended to me to take a childrens vitamin for a bit and work up to an adult one.....and always take with a meal!
    [/quote]

thanks you i'm going to look for the liquid vitamins and see how they work for me,because even with eating with the other vitamins, it would still upset my stomach..
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    We eat baked french fries about once a week - its a great thing when you have kids and they love them too!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

I have to take mine right before I go to bed and I sleep thru the yucky feeling or take as soon as you've eaten a good breakfast.