Heart rate monitor?

Options
I'd like to purchase a heart rate monitor, but have no clue which ones are good and which ones are to be avoided. I am not looking to spend a lot of money, either. Are there any suggestions for a good HRM that does not cost a lot (i.e. over $100).

Replies

• smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have a Polor that I picked up at Best Buy..... (89.00) , It came with a chest strap but, you can not even tell that the strap is there.. I love it and would recomend it to anyone :flowerforyou:
  • mikeinjapan
    mikeinjapan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Spend a bit of time at Polar's site. They have plenty in your price range and they've been the world leader in HRMs for 30 years now. A lot of rebranded models are actually Polar guts too. :wink:

(I have an FT80 and it's really awesome. You might see if you can get an FT60 in your price range.)
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 (in pink) with a comfortable chest strap and I love it! It auto syncs to my gym's cardio equipment and I use it for all of my workouts (cardio equipment, aerobic classes, at home dvd workouts, walking the dogs, housework, etc). Its very accurate and efficient at calculating calories burned. It also stores my workout data files. I got it for about $60-65 on Amazon with free shipping.
  • loulou2006
    loulou2006 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just bought the polar ft7/female version...it was on sale for $85 at sears and I love it!! Gives and accurate calorie burn and is a great motivational tool at keeping your heart rate up. Having the watch right there to view as your heart rate rises and falls makes me strive to keep in within a fat burning range. Good luck with your search
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and it's done good by me for the past two years. Whatever you decide, go for the chest strap kind.