Ideas? I want to eat!

Options
I am looking for ideas and techniques you use when you are tempted to graze or are wanting to eat and should not. Thanks!

Replies

• MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If the eating would be out of boredom or just because you want to eat, go for a short walk in the fresh air or walk up a few flights of stairs.

If you really are hungry, eat something. For the urge to graze, try a 100 calorie bag of popcorn (I like the kettle corn. It helps with my sweet tooth too) or crunchy veggies.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Pistachios! You have to crack the shells and that keeps your hands busy - so it takes longer to eat a small amount. And you're getting a protein-filled snack too!!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I put a heap of salsa on a few wasa crackers.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I keep a bag of baby carrots handy.....
  • JenSkinLaPierre
    JenSkinLaPierre Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on nuts, but I count them out and put them in snack-sized baggies so I'm not eating out of an open container... Don't want to lose track of how many I've eaten!
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of water (or Crystal Light lemonade - that usually helps me more). Brush your teeth. Chew some gum.

I also try not to buy anything I can just grab and snack. Most of the food requires me to heat it up/cook in some way, thereby stopping me if I'm just bored.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Walks outside help, cleaning (always does it for me), reading, painting your toe nails (who wants to eat when your touching feet LOL)! If I truly am hungry I will eat...so grazing happens most when I'm cooking dinner so I will set out a bowl of fruit or sugar snap peas so I'm not taste testing a whole dinners worth of dinner. :)
  • alisonwww
    alisonwww Posts: 104
    Options
    Drink a big glass of water with psyllium husk fiber (the sugar free orange tastes pretty good), raw almonds fill you up (12= 80 calories), celery hearts cut up in sticks), brush your teeth, chew some sugar-free gum or mints.