No longer lurking & Regaining my confidence!

Options
Hello everyone,

I am 40 yr old mother of two who has had a poor self body image for most of my life. I've always been overweight and bigger than most of my friends. After having my first child, 22 years ago I continued to gain weight. Last September I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. :( It SUCKS!!! I know that I am mostly to blame and have accepted that fact, but I REALLY WANT to LOSE Weight and just be more healthy overall. I just joined MFP at the recommendation of a very nice dietitian I met a few weeks ago. I have been lurking in the shadows for the past couple of days and decided to introduce myself.

I have read some very encouraging and inspirational posts from lots of folks and I want to make some friends who can help me to stay motivated. I get depressed sometimes and am struggling to stick to a 1600 calorie diet, but I won't quit! I am also having a hard time getting motivated to exercise, other than walking at work a few times a week. I do Love to dance, but haven't found any workouts that are enough fun to keep me going. Any suggestions would be great! Please feel free to add me if you like.

Thanks!

p.s. Anyone tried Hip Hop Abs? How is it?

Replies

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I get depressed sometimes and am struggling to stick to a 1600 calorie diet, but I won't quit!
    Is that the calorie amount that MyFitnessPal is recommending for you?
  • Jenerferzzz
    Jenerferzzz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I myself have been lurking in the shadows of this site but I agree with you I can use to help. It seems that most people here are very helpful and motivational! If you would like you can feel free to add me. :D
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    One workout I love is Leslie Sansone's walking videos...there is a 3 minute and a 5 minute youtube video that I REALLY enjoy. I do computer support and sit ALL day so I try and do these throughout the day...they really seem to help with energy levels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnsfbneFQ_8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhoYPFyeUQw

If you go to youtube and search for Leslie Sansone, she has a TON of walking videos.

You are on the right track and you should be proud of yourself. I would also suggest Lysa Terkeurst's book Made to Crave, it's a great book on learning to crave God instead of food.

Please friend me and I will be glad to be your encourager and support.