FACEBOOK FAN..Yay or Nay

Options
regina2063
regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
i have never been a facebook fan..my girlfriend sign me up on it...i maybe get on it twice a year...but its seem like everyone that talk about FB its always DRAMA....what is the purpose of fb...i havent heard anything positive yet

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    it is what you make of it, I suppose... or, who your friends are, lol.

ETA: I use my FB training page to share updates, progress pictures, motivation, etc. and my personal page for random things, i.e. checking on others, laughing at status updates, etc. I don't use the personal one as much these days anymore.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I agree with puffyheart, it's what you make of it. If you want drama on your page, be friends with drama queens. You control who is on your page and who can see your page and who you're friends with.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Can't answer for anyone else. I use it to keep track of grandkids, relatives and distant (physical and long lost) and a few close friends. We get a bit of family drama now and then but otherwise it works great for me. I don't use it as my social life.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    LOL! I use FB to keep in touch with my family and friends easily. To share news, photos, chat, whatever. I have no drama! That is something I just don't allow! It's entirely up to the individual using it!
  • littlemisstickles
    Options
    I personally love my facebook. I keep in contact with my family who live abroad as well as it being a quick and easy way to contact course mates if I need too.
    Completely agreed it is what you make of it. My facebook is drama free,I think my life is boring lol.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Ok, positives:

-talked with some peeps I've not seen or heard from in many years
    -met some cool peeps
    -usually hear about important things around the world on there before I do anywhere else
    -i actually organize football, volleyball games, etc. on there with group messages

the bad:

-lots of drama
    -can be addictive
    -hear from peeps you would rather not lol

In all honesty, it's what you make of it. I like fb myself...but I take it for what it is and that's a social networking site which means there are good and bad things with it ;)
  • gtchs
    gtchs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I mostly read as I don't post very often at all. It's good for keeping track of family and friends.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Nope...never had it ...never will....I'm plenty busy with online antics here! Lol!
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    but do you really need 25 pictures....OMG..this girl i know...post every picture...she taking pictures of food and posting it..SERIOUSLY
  • happyfungal19
    happyfungal19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I personally like Facebook. Like you, I love to avoid drama, but I see the drama really only happening between the kids in jr. high and high school (where the bulk of drama happens in life anyway). For me FB is a way to keep up with friends from college who live across the country or the world and to see what's going on with nearby friends. I use it a lot to invite people over for parties or dinner, game nights, etc. Social networks aren't for everyone. You get out of it however much you put into it. If you plan to check it only once or twice a year, then I say close it down, because it really is a "sign into it at least once a day, but more like 40x a day" type of thing. :)
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I use it to keep in touch with old friends that I never see and family. I'm not on it much, I just check in to see how my wife is from time to time :grumble:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Nay! I used it for a while. But then they changed things and so many ads.. I don't understand what the hell a timeline is..

Basically when it comes to Facebook I'm an old man yelling at his answering machine.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    but do you really need 25 pictures....OMG..this girl i know...post every picture...she taking pictures of food and posting it..SERIOUSLY

Don't look at her page.....:wink:
  • beachquilt
    beachquilt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I really like FB as a way to keep in touch with my family. We are spread all over the country and see each other rarely. On FB we can share what we are doing, play games together, share photos - be a part of each other's daily lives. I have no drama on my FB; I am only friends with people I know/have known from my past. I have no "virtual" friends on FB.

One thing I don't like about FB- I tend to call family members less on the phone. That is an issue I am really working on. I don't want FB to replace personal contact even if it is just over the phone.

Like others have said: FB is what you make of it.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I feel meh about it. To be honest, the only thing I really like about Facebook is following George Takei.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Facebook is the Devil.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I used to like it but just don't get on it often enough to figure it all out. Just yesterday I had to send an email to our family saying if they want to get a hold of us or invite us to something then they need to email, call or text because we just don't get on to see the invites. I need to go delete my account. Urrrg.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    yay for FB here. My family are all out of state. Helps to keep me feeling connected, plus friends and family who are here Mai ly do FB invites to stuff. I'm on there a lot less since MFP though.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options

Lmao....I have a few of those kinda friends too :)
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    It def depends on who you stay in contact with on there and what you make of it.

I keep in touch with family that I cant see and friends from high school.

There is never any drama on my fb.