Long Time Coming NSV

Options
nursenikki829
nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
For any of you ladies out there that gained waaay too much weight during a pregnancy, you should be able to understand where I am coming from. I gave birth to my first daughter on November 14, 2007. I gained over 50 lbs, and I ate whatever I wanted..... dumb move. While out Christmas shopping shortly after her birth, I bought myself a pair of size 8 Super Low- rise American Eagle jeans. I was naive enough to think that while I breastfed, the weight would melt off, and I would be back to my old self. Wrong. I hadn't lost any weight, and when my daughter was 3 months old, I got pregnant again (surprise!). Needless to say, I only gained 5 lbs during that pregnancy, but I still had all the excess weight from my previous pregnancy. Well...... 4 1/2 years and 2 more babies later, I finally can comfortably fit into the goal jeans that I bought after my first baby! I am thrilled. I was so excited to wear them, that I took my *kitten* right to the mall and bought some new clothes including short, shorts!!!! If I can get back into my size 8, anyone can do it!!!!!! Now I want to be better than my best and get into a size 6!!!!

Replies

• Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    That is super exciting! good work! Also congrats on all the babies!
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your stroy! What an awesome NSV!
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    YAY! Thanks for the motivation! I'm working on six lbs from baby 3, then eight-freaking-teen from baby 2, and finally 10 from baby 1!
  • DianatheRed
    DianatheRed Posts: 41
    Options
    Holy cow, Batman! That is amazing :) I basically did the same thing-ate it up during first pregnancy and gained loads, then when #1 was 6 months old, I got pregnant with #2. No big gain there--but breastfeeding didn't melt pounds for me either. A little weight loss and along came #3. So now I am WORKING to lose all of it! Thanks for putting this out there--great inspiration for me.
  • nursenikki829
    Options
    Thanks! I am so excited!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Thats so awesome!! Just wait until those jeans have to go into the donation bag!! I have had so many goal things that I have gotten rid of over the last year because they were way too big! Some, before I even wore them! I didn't even realize I was small enough for them until they were too big! Such an amazing feeling!! Congrats!!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm seriously inspired considering I just had my third 5 weeks ago.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Very awesome! Proud of you!
  • onmywaytoskinny
    onmywaytoskinny Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • nursenikki829
    Options
    Thanks! I really want to be an inspiration because so many awesome folks on here inspire me. I want all the moms to know what they are capable of!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!