What's the most expensive thing your toddler has destroyed?

Options
Trail_Addict
Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
As I repeatedly stop my 18 month old boy from using the screen of my 50" TV as his personal drum set, and start price-shopping replacements once he is victorious in his efforts, I have to wonder what others have gone through.

So what's the most expensive thing you've had to replace or repair because of your toddler's destructive ways (or kids of ages that still need constant supervision)?

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    My laptop.

My iPad isn't in the best condition anymore either...but it still works. The laptop...not so much.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    my soul
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    As a toddler? He dropped a figurine on the tile floor at his grandparents' house and split open his foot pretty badly.

The medical bills for sewing that up were fairly expensive since I didn't have insurance.

Other than that, I don't own anything valuable, so there's not much he can break that costs a lot.
  • amandacochran15
    Options
    It seems to not be getting any better either... My son is now 21 months and still acts like a wrecking ball.
    He threw my iphone 4s in the toilet.
    He knocked our 50 inch onto himself. But he didn't get hurt, just the tv..
    I think that is it for now.

Oh and my sanity.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    As a tot, he painted the wall with my much cherished Chanel makeup compact, drew and painted on the kitchen table, his dresser and book shelves. And broke one of my favorite Waterford limited edition champagne glasses.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    my soul

Wow...loving parent eh?
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    my soul

This ^
    .... lets see about 4 Ipod touches , about 5 dual shock PS3 controllers , a few jawbones.. a turtlebeach set.. umm a painting, numerous numerous Items.
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    my soul

:laugh: Lmao! My daughter destroys my house. My b/f gets her up in the AM and lets her run around the house, and anything within reaching, jumping,climbing distance is her's and on the floor. I came home one day from work, I was gone for an hour, and she had turned the whole place upside down. She is only 17 months as of tomorrow.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    My 60 inch rear projection....he like to bang on it but I think I was subconsciously letting him do it so I could start lobbying for a new TV lol.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    This thread is excellent birth control! Just in case the pills and condom's don't do their job! :bigsmile:
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    my soul

Wow...loving parent eh?

that was hilarious and I am sure she said it in jest.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I don't have any kids, but my parents still won't let me live down the time I was three and pushed over a grandfather clock in a furniture store, smashing a glass-top table.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    My wolf-dog ate my husband's motorcycle seat. Then, the day he got it replaced ($400), she did it again.

She ate the linoleum off the floor.
    She ate a door.
    She unearthed a backyard-wide sprinkler system.
    She dug up and carried around a tree.
    She chewed/punctured a can of spray paint and turned half her face/chest black.
    She severed the cable connection so many times, the cable guy gave us the tool to cut the cable and a bunch of spare tips.
    She ate/shredded a pack of cigarettes.
    She got a fish hook stuck in her lip.

My dog has cost me WAY more than any toddler!!!!!
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    This thread is excellent birth control! Just in case the pills and condom's don't do their job! :bigsmile:

LOL ! Makes me glad for my IUD.

Don't have a toddler but I have a dog who's still in puppy mode because he's a golden retriever.. but he decided to make a pair of designer shoes his chew toy .. how he got into the shoe closet downstairs to this day stuns me..
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My Ipod nano.
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    the reaally expensive Ipod. He put it in the fishtank. Ithought mine was bad, some of yours are WAYYYYYYY worse.
  • debloves2ride
    debloves2ride Posts: 386
    Options
    mine tried to flush a puppy - thankfully caught that one in time, then he put worms in my washing machine (they don't do well), then he put a PB&J sandwich in the CD player (that was thrown out), when he was a little older he put eggs in the microwave, shell and all (they explode). This kid is a good kid (now a grown man and a captain in the airforce) but lordy, he tested me every day.
  • dansls1
    dansls1 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The family jewels!

Oh, but seriously one of the original beanie baby Princess Di bears that I spent way too much money on for my wife (girlfriend at the time) - in 10 seconds of having it he ripped the tag off.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I had to replace an entire kitchens worth of sheet rock on the walls and ceiling, re paint and replace the floor tiles including sub flooring because I came home from work one day while my then 12 yr old daughter was home on summer vacation to find that she and her friends had decided to have a water fight using the kitchen sink spray hose and the outside garden hose which they shoved in through the slider door, INSIDE my house. That was 10 yrs ago, she is 22 now so no I did not kill her but she is lucky to be alive, she is just never allowed inside the kitchen as long as she lives!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My oldest loved to put pennies in everything. Give him a handful of change... he would only pick out the pennies! So... he ended up putting pennies in our surround sound system... went over.. opened up the DVD player (yes, this was pre-Blue Ray) and started plopping in pennies without us knowing. We took it back as it was still under warranty. Explained and fully expected to pay for it to be fixed.

We got a call a few days later that they had to replace it, could not be fixed... we were like oh, never mind then we don't have the extra. He says oh no, you misunderstand, it is under warranty so you are receiving a newer upgraded surround sound system at no cost! So X lost us a $250 system and we got a new $400 system .......... for free...... since they 'had' to replace w/ same brand!