Turkey Help!

Options
gemiwing
gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
I've looked everywhere and can't figure this out.

I bought a boneless turkey breast from Whole Foods. NO solution added, no salt, nothing- just turkey. I put it in the oven with nothing added- just the bird.

What the *$%@ is the nutritional data for that? All of the info I find is for turkey that's put in a 'solution' (ie- salt) or deli turkey. I can't use Jennie-O, or Oscar Mayer stuff because they brine the birds for shipping.

I can't figure out the math either. :sad: How do I know (without a scale) how much my bird serving is? I found something for .5 of a breast- what the heck is that in 'sandwich terms' ?

I'm pulling my hair out and mumbling not so nice things under my breath over here. Urgh!

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I think I remember this from weight watchers... A 3oz. portion of turkey/chicken/etc is about the size of a deck of cards. Does that help?:tongue:

exercise.png
  • gemiwing
    Options
    Yes that does- thank you!

Now I just have to find nutritional info that makes sense. There's nothing that goes by ounce of just bird meat- no skin. I found one that was close, but it was waaay too much fat and sodium to be just a turkey and no 'extras'.

Does roasted mean 'baked naked in the oven' or does it mean 'baked in tin foil with a pound of butter in the oven'?
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    In the food database I have put in 'waitrose diced turkey thigh'. This is the nutritional information raw, so nothing has been added in. It is just the flesh as is...
  • skywalker
    Options
    Good question. The deli turkey I buy is from Wegman's and it's their brand called "just turkey" with no salt added. Here's the info per 4oz serving... Hope it helps...:happy:

Calories 140
    Carbs 0
    Fat 1
    Protien 24
    Sodium 80
    Cholesterol 60

exercise.png
  • gemiwing
    Options
    You guys are great thanks! Now I can eat the Turkey. I don't eat until I enter the food on MFP, usually, because I'll forget all about it later. Plus it keeps me honest, I mean it's staring right at me.

Yummy turkey ahoy!:drinker:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Get away from the computer and go eat!!! :drinker: