New to myfitnesspal

Options
Wasabinuts
Wasabinuts Posts: 19 Member
Hi, my name is Suzy I presently weigh 220 lbs (I actually weighed myself a month ago and afraid to step on the scales. I gradually started gaining weight the past 10 years, it just seemed to creep up on me. I have had difficult times in my life the past several years. I am hoping to get back on track. My husband keeps mentioning my "rolls) My stomach. I want to lose weight to look and feel good again. I experience a lot of back and knee pains related to my weight. I so totallly loveee carbs. I am 5'7" and medium framed. I am in my "fifties" hard to admit that. Hope to get a lot of support from the community..

Replies

• thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Welcome best of luck, search the topic boards there is a lot of good advice and people here willing to help with any issue.
  • emily2975
    emily2975 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • michebo67
    michebo67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am also new - joined on Monday and weighed 263 pounds!!! Hoping for motivation from here to keep me on track x
  • jempax
    jempax Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Suzy, best of luck, but we all know, luck has nothing to do with it. So maybe I should say, best of you...because it will take you to make it happen--no one else--not your husband, not your friends, not your family--YOU, period. What you put into it will be directly proportional to what you receive. Go to youtube and just put in "health" and watch out (pardon the pun) there's TONS of videos to motivate. Remember, we don't have to be perfect, we only need to be healthy. Just do it....
  • cathygp58
    cathygp58 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey Suzy, best of luck, but we all know, luck has nothing to do with it. So maybe I should say, best of you...because it will take you to make it happen--no one else--not your husband, not your friends, not your family--YOU, period. What you put into it will be directly proportional to what you receive. Go to youtube and just put in "health" and watch out (pardon the pun) there's TONS of videos to motivate. Remember, we don't have to be perfect, we only need to be healthy. Just do it....

Well, yes, up to a point- but I do think you'll find friendly encouragement and support on here will be very useful- and don't let friends and family sabotage your best efforts. Do exercise that you enjoy and will stick with, too (dancing? swimming? don't go to the gym if you find it bores the pants off you!). Good luck! Feel free to add me if you'd like to.