Have you noticed your cravings have changed???

Options
mogriff1
mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
I used to CRAVE and eat fast food at least twice a week (McDonalds and Chic-Fil-A) as well as eat fried chicken wings once a week! Since becoming conscience of my eating choices and weight loss goals I don't get these cravings anymore! I've only had fast food once in 3 months (it was a McDonald's fish filet and small fry) and I felt so sick, drained and bloated afterwards! I truly believe since I've been eating healthy my system cannot handle 'junky' foods anymore.

I also don't crave cakes (I used to eat Red Velvet cake at least once a week), pies, candy bars, soda and other fried foods the way I used to. When I want something sweet, I now reach for a piece of fruit, dark chocalate/raisins, peanut butter, a kashi bar, etc. If I want something salty/crunchy I'll reach for nuts or make some sweet potato fries with some sea salt. And everynow and then if I want fried chicken (which was my fave), I'll make oven fried.

BTW, my starting weight in January was 148, Current weight 135, Goal weight is 130 pounds. ( I am 5'3"). I excercise 5-6 days a week and eat about 1700-1850 calories a day. So although I am eating more now, I am making healthier choices and feel so much better and healthier!

What about you?

Replies

• springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have noticed since I have started eating more often my cravings have drastically went down. Even the things I crave have changed (I was in a peanut butter zone all day). Mine aren't gone completely, but they have definitely improved!
  • shannypoo21
    shannypoo21 Posts: 329
    Options
    I agree. My cravings have changed gradually. I have always loved sweets but my body is beginning to reject the processed sugar I used to put in it all the time. Don't get me wrong there are times that I do indulge but it far less frequent than before. I'm definitely trying to make this a lifestyle and not something temporary.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmm honey mustard chicken wingz .... droolz
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I crave chocolate so much less now. When I want it I eat one square of dark chocolate or some frozen cherry chocolate yogurt. Got my hands on chocolate ice cream yesterday and OMG it was good though. Paying for it by eating apples for snacks today and Subway breakfast and lunch though. I'll be glad when we are back home and back on our regular diet though.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    good for you.

yes my craving changed too, i recently bought a reese peanut butter cup, i bought one pack that's 3x3 but never really eat it, except for 1 piece when i mix it with my oatmeal. also bought chips but eat about quite a few and that's it. also used to buy bar of chocolate the eat it in one sitting but had no interest in buying any chocolate recently.

however, my choices are replaced by chicken, salmon, brocolli, lettuce and other vegies and lean meats.
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I agree the cravings nature have changed when I started to watch more what was going in my stomach, but I also noticed that I felt way more hangover the day after I had alcohol, after having been sober for 3 months! Good thing tho!
  • swatkins1c
    swatkins1c Posts: 48
    Options
    i now crave only BREAD all day longggggg. with jelly.
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I know longer crave my Pepsi's. If i do crave salt i just look for something spicy. I like to add hotsauce to my popcorn. I know it sounds weird but it is delicious. :love:
  • jnels
    jnels Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing that has changed for me is I actually crave water now! I used to only drink coffee, sweet tea, and dr.pepper. I only had water about once a month, if that. I know, that's awful:blushing: . Since being on this journey of getting healthy I no longer crave dr.pepper. I still allow myself sweet tea a few times a week but I actually prefer water now! It's amazing how much better I feel today. I used to have headaches daily and I seriously think that it was because my body was dehydrated from lack of water. I'm stubborn, so I had to learn on my own that my body was screaming for more water! Now I dont have headaches and my overall well being just feels so much better :bigsmile:
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Yes :) I still have the occasional craving, but I used to be a horrible sugar addict.
    The less junk you eat, the less junk you crave. I truly believe that.
  • BlueBaron37
    BlueBaron37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It's the MSG hidden in the foods, it goes straight to the brain. That's what's it's used for.
  • addict3
    addict3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My cravings have changed, at least most of them anyway. Having lost 169 lbs, I have worked hard and really changed my life in a large way. I have never lost this much before, but I have twice lost 100 or just over, so I am careful to never say never. Anyone who has lost and changed their habits, be careful adding things back in. If you really don't care if you have it, DON'T eat it! The last time I lost 110, I had stalled out and let people talk me into trying Adkins and it was hands down the worst mistake I ever made. I had to make myself eat the thing I had worked for a year training myself not to eat. Any radical diet cannot last, take it from someone who knows.
  • NWFLDeaconsWife
    NWFLDeaconsWife Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My tastes have changed, too and I thought it was just because of my health issues. However, I don't crave salt on stuff anymore since I cut it out of my cooking and got used to that. Now take out and canned stuff tastes to salty to me! I have not used any salt substitutes except herbs and spices instead of salt to enhance flavors. Now even soup in a restaurant I used to love tastes so good anymore, it's just too salty.

Another taste shift, I used to love fried food. It was hot, juicy and a fairly quick way to cook a lot of food at once. Since I also learned how to use other appliances in my house besides the Fry Daddy, like the Aroma Rice Cooker and the Rival Crock Pot, I don't fry much anymore. Now fried foods sit like stone at the bottom of my tummy, making me feel awful for hours. If I do eat fried chicken, I have to take the breading/skin off of it before I can eat it. Anyone else notice this shift in tastes?
  • mogriff1
    Options
    The biggest thing that has changed for me is I actually crave water now! I used to only drink coffee, sweet tea, and dr.pepper. I only had water about once a month, if that. I know, that's awful:blushing: . Since being on this journey of getting healthy I no longer crave dr.pepper. I still allow myself sweet tea a few times a week but I actually prefer water now! It's amazing how much better I feel today. I used to have headaches daily and I seriously think that it was because my body was dehydrated from lack of water. I'm stubborn, so I had to learn on my own that my body was screaming for more water! Now I dont have headaches and my overall well being just feels so much better :bigsmile:

Yes! I used to get headaches frequently...now I dont! I too drink more water than I used to. I have learned to listen to my body.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I used to crave cookies and chocolate all the time.

Now I crave peanut butter and chocolate all the time.

*face palm*
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    My tastes have changed, too and I thought it was just because of my health issues. However, I don't crave salt on stuff anymore since I cut it out of my cooking and got used to that. Now take out and canned stuff tastes to salty to me! I have not used any salt substitutes except herbs and spices instead of salt to enhance flavors. Now even soup in a restaurant I used to love tastes so good anymore, it's just too salty.

Another taste shift, I used to love fried food. It was hot, juicy and a fairly quick way to cook a lot of food at once. Since I also learned how to use other appliances in my house besides the Fry Daddy, like the Aroma Rice Cooker and the Rival Crock Pot, I don't fry much anymore. Now fried foods sit like stone at the bottom of my tummy, making me feel awful for hours. If I do eat fried chicken, I have to take the breading/skin off of it before I can eat it. Anyone else notice this shift in tastes?

I live in a town, where if you go for an evening walk, about every block you will smell fried food coming out of someone's house. And like that nasty fry daddy smell, not some southern fried chicken that is near and dear to my heart lol. It is so disgusting. Nope, I do not crave fried food. The smell of it turns my stomach now. When Im out for a walk and I'm smelling it, I am afraid I'm breathing in the fat molecules and I'm going to absorb them. Not really, just kidding, but the smell is that strong. This town has a fish fry, a pheasant fry, a turkey fry, and a mushroom fry for every occasion. You would think I committed a crime when I told my Ex that I wanted to sautée the morel mushrooms he had gathered instead of fry them.
  • mogriff1
    Options

I live in a town, where if you go for an evening walk, about every block you will smell fried food coming out of someone's house. And like that nasty fry daddy smell, not some southern fried chicken that is near and dear to my heart lol. It is so disgusting. Nope, I do not crave fried food. The smell of it turns my stomach now. When Im out for a walk and I'm smelling it, I am afraid I'm breathing in the fat molecules and I'm going to absorb them. Not really, just kidding, but the smell is that strong. This town has a fish fry, a pheasant fry, a turkey fry, and a mushroom fry for every occasion. You would think I committed a crime when I told my Ex that I wanted to sautée the morel mushrooms he had gathered instead of fry them.

Hilarious!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I used to crave cookies and chocolate all the time.

Now I crave peanut butter and chocolate all the time.

*face palm*

How cute!
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that mine have! I still crave chocolate (I just eat a little bit of it instead of a ton like I used too). But I used to crave soda and fast food every day. Tonight I took a sip of my hubby's coke and it tasted waaayy different than it used to and I actually thought it was kind of gross lol. Not saying I'll never crave soda again but now I crave stuff like avocados, tomatoes, and fresh cilantro more than I do junk food. I find that if I look for a new recipe to try I'm more likely to stay away from eating out or whatever
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have many of the same old cravings but now CRAVE my salads for every meal. It just feels like if I don't get those leafy green things in me that I'm just not right!!!