Runner's Foot ???

Options
I don't even know if that is a technical term or not. Help myfitness pal friends. I am miserable! My poor right foot, I can't put weight on my pinkie toe because the outside of it hurts, my big toe has a huge callus on the outside of it that hurts to put pressure on and my pointer (?) toe had a big blister at the tip that is now just open raw skin and has been for weeks. What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this? Appreciate your help in advance.

Replies

• tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Are your shoes too small? Sounds like you've had some rubbing issues. I wear a full size larger in running shoes than I do in street shoes. I've had way too many toenails blackened and falling off!!
  • beckywilkeherbst
    beckywilkeherbst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are. I bought them at an actual shoe store that specializes in athletic footwear. The weird thing is that it's really only my right foot.
  • Pisc2749
    Pisc2749 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't even know if that is a technical term or not. Help myfitness pal friends. I am miserable! My poor right foot, I can't put weight on my pinkie toe because the outside of it hurts, my big toe has a huge callus on the outside of it that hurts to put pressure on and my pointer (?) toe had a big blister at the tip that is now just open raw skin and has been for weeks. What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this? Appreciate your help in advance.

My first thought is that your shoes may not fit properly. How much mileage are you doing daily/weekly? Running shoes should be a half to full size bigger than your normal shoes to avoid rubbing and your toes hitting the ends. If it's just one foot it could be it's a little bigger, or you could be favoring one side over the other.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Another vote for poorly fitting shoes as the probable culprit. What type of socks are you wearing when you run?
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Did you go to Fleet Feet? This is going to sound stupid, I know, but what kind of socks are you wearing? I find the tech socks I've gotten at Runaway Shoes and the Balaga socks I got last week from Fleet Feet's Pub Run are the absolute best in the whole wide world!

I found a toe cusion at Shopko in the foot care aisle. I have "runners toe" my toenail is black on my second toe. It comes from that being a hammer toe, maybe wearing that over a wrapping of some sort while you run will help with that second toe. Other than that I got nuttin! There's a great group on Facebook that's runner in the Fox Valley you might want to ask.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Agree with this post about the socks. I used to wear whatever socks were clean. Then, I got a nasty blister on my foot. Now I only wear runner's socks and haven't had a problem since. Balega Hidden Comforts are the best. If you have an open blister that won't heal, you might want to go the doctor b/c you don't want it to become infected.
    Did you go to Fleet Feet? This is going to sound stupid, I know, but what kind of socks are you wearing? I find the tech socks I've gotten at Runaway Shoes and the Balaga socks I got last week from Fleet Feet's Pub Run are the absolute best in the whole wide world!

I found a toe cusion at Shopko in the foot care aisle. I have "runners toe" my toenail is black on my second toe. It comes from that being a hammer toe, maybe wearing that over a wrapping of some sort while you run will help with that second toe. Other than that I got nuttin! There's a great group on Facebook that's runner in the Fox Valley you might want to ask.