Hip Hop Abs

Options
I have had Hip Hop Abs for years. I was considering taking out the dvds, wiping the dust off and start using them again. I was at one point...a couple of years ago, doing the 15 minute fat burn. My questions are: does/has anyone else used these dvds and what were your results? and how do I determine the number of calories burned when I do it? I've also considered the 30 Day Shred, but again how do you determine the number of calories burned?

Replies

• specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    If you want to know for sure how many calories you burn you may want to get a HRM. I love my polar FT4.
    I recommend both 30 DD and hop hop abs. If you do either of them or both you will start to lose weight, as long as you eat right as well.
  • specialkyc
    Options
    Thanks Shaycat.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    You can enter 30DD under circuit training and hip hop abs under dance until you get a HRM. It is just everyone burns calories so differently.
    Good luck!
  • paramedicsarah
    Options
    I log the 30DS under circuit training - I feel it's an underestimate though because I really get a good workout! :)
  • specialkyc
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Looks like I need to invest in a HRM.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    HRM... its the best you can do.... polar f7 is perfect!
    hip hop abs.... Shawn T?? i did it just to see him ! lol!!
  • MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I did just that ..!!!! :laugh:
    Dug the dvd's out , dusted it off and just made myself do it ..
    I did the 30 min fat burning cardio .. It was awesome and i really enjoyed doing it again ..
    But I too wasn't sure about logging calories burned .. i think i chose low impact aerobics and it wasn't much burned say 199 cals for 30 mins -- (vs roller blading for 20 mins burned 350cals ..)
    I did HHA 2 yrs ago and lost about 10 lbs in a month but more inches than anything .. like 10 inches in total ! I think it does work , if you work it !!
    Let's keep going !! lol !
  • candiekaine
    Options
    I did just that that tonight! Dusted it off and did disc one :) was as fun as I remembered!