ab question

casamelsmom
casamelsmom Posts: 54
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
How can I get my abs flat? Sit ups just are not cutting it. I want playmate kind of abs and I still have a buldge. I have lost 30 lbs and still have 13 to go, but I do not see how that small amount of weight (once it is gone) will make a difference in my tummy pooch. Any suggestions? I do south beach diet, so the carbs are low.

Replies

• karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    after you do crunches or any kind of ab workout stretch your abs by doing an "under dog" stretch. Lye on your stomach then push your upper body up with your arms and look up at the ceiling
  • dcbstick
    dcbstick Posts: 2
    :smile:
    Sounds like you are working hard. I like using the bosu balls and the big exersise balls. You can really
    target certain muscles with quick results.
    Go to you tube and do some searching with those key words.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    I had read recently that having low fat dairy daily help prevent fat from going to your tummy. I have a pounch too and am at 143lbs and 5'8". I think it is going to be the last thing to go on me. I think the loosing the weight is the key. You might have great muscels under there but can't see them. Check your % body fat. At around 20% you can see all those ripped abs.:happy:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    How can I get my abs flat? Sit ups just are not cutting it. I want playmate kind of abs and I still have a buldge. I have lost 30 lbs and still have 13 to go, but I do not see how that small amount of weight (once it is gone) will make a difference in my tummy pooch. Any suggestions? I do south beach diet, so the carbs are low.

cardio-cardio- and cardio

You have to lose the layers of fat first- Doing crunches just wont cut it- For females to have visible abs you have to have a low fat percentage like in the teens (that is showing without flexing)--

good job on the weight loss so far
  • We use the bosu ball at the therapy center where I work. I will have to go use it either on lunch or after work. I forgot about using that. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • How can I get my abs flat? Sit ups just are not cutting it. I want playmate kind of abs and I still have a buldge. I have lost 30 lbs and still have 13 to go, but I do not see how that small amount of weight (once it is gone) will make a difference in my tummy pooch. Any suggestions? I do south beach diet, so the carbs are low.

You have to lose the layers of fat first- Doing crunches just wont cut it- For females to have visible abs you have to have a low fat percentage like in the teens (that is showing without flexing)--

I have the fat pretty much gone. I am at 128 # right now (5'4 1/2) and I want to be 120. I just have a few on my hips and waist to get rid of. I just want the belly flat.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member

I have the fat pretty much gone. I am at 128 # right now (5'4 1/2) and I want to be 120. I just have a few on my hips and waist to get rid of. I just want the belly flat.

Scale weight doesn't matter when it comes to abs- You should get your body fat % done- I know women that weigh 130lbs and have 35% body fat.
This discussion has been closed.