Colonic hydrotherapy, anyone?

Options

Replies

• delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    disagree with all of the posters - i regualry do this and feel the benefits phsycailly and mentally. I have had digestion issues for a long time but the very best 'secret' about this is really the benefit to your skin - cleaning your digestive system completely is the best beauty treatment you can get and I have got better results than any facial i've ever had.

It might not be for everyone, but i'd recommend trying it a few times and deciding for yourself. :)

PM me f you want answers to any questions.

Why would you think you are the only one that's right? It seems popular opinion would give you pause to think about it.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    One example which is very common. (And this one is from taking something that is usually medically necessary.) Say a person gets pneumonia and takes antibiotics. Antibiotics kill ALL the bacteria in your body. There are good bacteria in everyone's bodies that keep yeast (candida) infections in check. If you take antibiotics for ten days to two weeks you can get yeast infections just about anywhere in your body. Esophagus, on your skin, vagina, mouth, rectum.. just about anywhere. I know this because I had ALL of those at one time from taking antibiotics for a stubborn case of pneumonia about 25 years ago. It took several months to get this stuff under control, but I still have many intestinal problems which I never had before that time.

Enemas of peppermint and lavender help rid my colon of most candida and I had a very nasty case of it. I still have candida but hardly any intestinal issues.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    This is really just a generally sh!tty thread.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    No need to do it unless you have a medical reason - the body takes care of itself....
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    literally?
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    You could always guzzle a glass of vegetable oil. Should clean you out pretty well.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    disagree with all of the posters - i regualry do this and feel the benefits phsycailly and mentally. I have had digestion issues for a long time but the very best 'secret' about this is really the benefit to your skin - cleaning your digestive system completely is the best beauty treatment you can get and I have got better results than any facial i've ever had.

It might not be for everyone, but i'd recommend trying it a few times and deciding for yourself. :)

PM me f you want answers to any questions.

Why would you think you are the only one that's right? It seems popular opinion would give you pause to think about it.

I wouldn't judge anything on popular opinion on a forum, there's a lot of ignorance. If you want a good book on colon cleansing, read "Ten Days to Optimal Health." I believe enemas can help people with intestinal issues, to prevent colon cancer, and keep them healthy.
  • TheDevastator
    Options

People who don't do enemas are full of ****.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    And it might do you some harm.
    Yep. If you're interested in risking a perforated colon, this is your best best.
    That makes my butt clinch up just thinking about it.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Yep. If you're interested in risking a perforated colon, this is your best best.

with a silicone tube, I don't think it's possible.
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm actually not saying anyones right - quite the opposite - I'm saying different things work for different people, and that everyone should make up their own mind about whats appropriate for them. My personal experience has this has been excellent for my health and wellbeing and i truly believe in it. I don't think that this is nessasisly the case for everyone but I'm saying try it them make the call.... thats all.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    eat more chili
  • jg627
    Options

with 'air' it's possible. Air is softer than silicone. Ever have a colonoscopy done? There is always a very real risk anytime you put something up there.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You could always guzzle a glass of vegetable oil. Should clean you out pretty well.

Castor oil and mineral oil are both available at any pharmacy for this. Those will certainly (especially castor) make your colon squeaky clean!

Just don't overdue it. You'll get a big "oops!" moment if you do.
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    I take magnesium citrate about 3 times per year. You can buy it at Rite Aid or CVS for about $2.99. It basically wrings out your colon and cuases you to eject about 1 1/2 gallons of sewer water. If you take it, don't make plans for at least 4 hours and make sure you drink a gallon of water to rehydrate. I follow it up with a big bag of fruits and raw vegetables like collard greens, pineapple, psyllium, spinach, tomatoes, pea soup. Your colon will love you for it and you will feel really clean and healthy.
  • TheDevastator
    Options

with 'air' it's possible. Air is softer than silicone. Ever have a colonoscopy done? There is always a very real risk anytime you put something up there.
    There's no risk when you know what you're doing for enemas with silicone tubes. Now air or water pressure from a machine is a different story, hopefully the person running it knows what they are doing.
  • jg627
    Options

There's no risk when you know what you're doing for enemas with silicone tubes. Now air or water pressure from a machine is a different story, hopefully the person running it knows what they are doing.
    Well he claimed he was a surgeon, so I hope so anyway. I'm not arguing whether there are or aren't health benefits to it, just that there is a risk. Nothing to get all butthurt about. Ah shoot. I said it. I tried to resist Satan, but the temptation was too great.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    Well he claimed he was a surgeon, so I hope so anyway. I'm not arguing whether there are or aren't health benefits to it, just that there is a risk. Nothing to get all butthurt about. Ah shoot. I said it. I tried to resist Satan, but the temptation was too great.
    It's all about the right equipment and knowing what you are doing. People have died from infection after shaving. It doesn't stop me from shaving every day.....week.
  • jg627
    Options
    It's all about the right equipment and knowing what you are doing. People have died from infection after shaving. It doesn't stop me from shaving every day.....week.
    I see where you're going with this, but (snicker) I wouldn't really consider sticking something up there analogous to shaving. There is a big difference between razor burn and pooping into your chest cavity. If you're going to do it, definitely double and triple check that the person doing it knows what they are doing.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    By the way OP I wouldn't recommend colonics, I would recommend enemas. Possibly a series like this if you have intestinal issues:

http://www.optimalhealthnetwork.com/Enema-Series-s/374.htm

If you do have a colonic be sure they are an IACT certified practitioner stated by a previous poster.