Curves Workout Information

Options
Hoping someone can help me with some information on Curves..... i was thinking about joining curves, but was wondering what the prices were? Is there a sign up fee? Can you do month to month or do you have to do a yearly plan? What is the monthly charge?

Can anyone share some success stories about Curves to get me motivated??

Replies

• stangma
    stangma Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    bump - I downloaded a 30 day pass & have not gone yet - also curious re: cost effectiveness.....
  • rileybear5
    rileybear5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Where did you download the 30 day pass from?
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Curves is the reason I got fit again after having 6 pregnancies very close together. . . sort of.

One day, after about 9 years of nothing but pregnancy, nursing and eating, I decided it was time to get fit again (I had lost baby weight, but I was not fit). I had never really joined a gym before bc most of my activities had been outdoor . . . but anyway . . .

So, on Feb 1, 2004 I arranged for a sitter, got my gym bag together, went out in a snowstorm in OH, and drove to Curves. They said, "do you have an appointment?". NO. I didn't have an appointment. "Oh, sorry, we can't help you today; we're so busy! But we can help you on Saturday!". WHAT?!

So I went back out in the snow, drove down the street to another gym, took a tour, took my first spin class, and joined. Within 6 months I became a spin instructor, as well as group ex fitness instructor.

Ya. I thank Curves for that. :laugh:
  • rileybear5
    rileybear5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you. I inquired information over a week ago online and still have not received a call back, it is a real turn off to curves.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Try just calling the Curves near you. Sometimes the Clubs don't check their On Line Messages regularly.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Burned 447 Calories in 40 minutes yesterday at Curves. Walked there and Back Home = 2.32 Mile