Tour de France

Options
skywalker
skywalker Posts: 1,533
Is anyone else out there as excited as I am that the Tour starts in 6 days??? :happy: :happy: :happy:

exercise.png

Replies

• skywalker
    Options
    No cycling fans out there?? Just me? :frown:

exercise.png
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm taking off work to watch some it!
  • skywalker
    Options
    Nice!! Vs. Network has great coverage every year. :happy:

exercise.png
  • CoachFoland
    Options
    Yes they do. I love their commentary too!
  • CoachFoland
    Options
    This tour is really starting off nicely. Astana really did great in the TTT, and lucky not to have any mishaps like the others.
  • skywalker
    Options
    I know!! When I saw the other teams crashing, I got a bit nervous. Thrilled with the results!!!

exercise.png
  • Newman4AU
    Newman4AU Posts: 35
    Options
    I have watched every minute of every stage - sometime twice! I ride over 125 miles a week, and it is embarrassing how fast these guys are and how effortless they make it look. In my opinion, these guys are some of the best athletes in the world.
  • AmyBrenn
    AmyBrenn Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Anyone else catch Phil commenting yesterday about the Peloton's average speed...60 kph? Ummm, that's like 40 mph! And that's average. I'm thinking there's no way, but Phil can't be wrong, can he?

Lance Armstrong is hands down one of the top athletes of all times! Anyone see his Just Do It commercial where he's talking about everything he's been called by the press and others? At the end he says "I'm not riding my bike for them". During the whole commercial, they're showing cancer patients in therapy. Gives me chills right now talking about it. Awesome! I love me some Lance!!!
  • Newman4AU
    Newman4AU Posts: 35
    Options
    I don't want to pull for Lance, not thinking really high of his husband / fathering skills - but I keep finding myself pulling for him to wear yellow. What a story. if he could only put some of that talent to work for his own family!
  • skywalker
    Options
    Anyone else catch Phil commenting yesterday about the Peloton's average speed...60 kph? Ummm, that's like 40 mph! And that's average. I'm thinking there's no way, but Phil can't be wrong, can he?

Lance Armstrong is hands down one of the top athletes of all times! Anyone see his Just Do It commercial where he's talking about everything he's been called by the press and others? At the end he says "I'm not riding my bike for them". During the whole commercial, they're showing cancer patients in therapy. Gives me chills right now talking about it. Awesome! I love me some Lance!!!

Phil's not wrong. They really do go that fast, especially on such a flat stage. I'm thrilled when I average 17mph on a flat 30 miler. :tongue:

exercise.png