The Awkward Introduction Post

Options
StGerm
StGerm Posts: 7 Member
So hi there.

Quick little things about me - Married, father of 3 - 18, almost 17, 16 (girl, boy, boy). Work ... a lot... 10 - 12 hours a day at least and usually do crap over the weekend when it's supposed to be my days of which drives my wife nuts. She's far better than I deserve and absolutely the love of my life.

About a year ago my wife and I started yoga (traditional Hatha Yoga from an honest to goodness Yogini with lineage and history - Swami Sivananda). I've a back that's pretty much shot. I have tingling and pain down my right leg and numbness in my foot as I type this. The Yoga was to help me lose weight and then to get some core strength so when I have to get surgery (meaning I can't take the pain anymore) it'll be a little easier. I've not lost much weight, but I've lost some inches. I dropped from about 230 to 225 over the last year. I've started eating healthier and came to MFP as a way to help manage what I do eat. Since I work so much and travel a lot, it's just a tool to help keep me focused on what I'm eating.

If I could walk away from the sugared drinks I'd be doing great. Mt. Dew is my down fall. I cut from 64+ ounces a day to less than 32 a day. Now I'm working down past that. I'd like to get under 200 pounds. I weighed 165 when I graduated high school and I'm 39 now. I think 200 is fair. I used to (and still do occasionally) lift weights (part of my back issues I think - can't squat 400-500 pounds and not suffer some way). I still bench about 220 or 225 on a good day. The last time I did the body-fat measurement using that hand-held electricity thingy, I was about 24% - I'd like to drop that below 20% - around 18 would make me happy.

So yeah, there ya go.

Hi and stuff :)

Oh yeah, I live in the southern US - Georgia. No, I don't have an accent, both my parents were from northern states, so we evened out.

Replies

• ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    So hi there.

Quick little things about me - Married, father of 3 - 18, almost 17, 16 (girl, boy, boy). Work ... a lot... 10 - 12 hours a day at least and usually do crap over the weekend when it's supposed to be my days of which drives my wife nuts. She's far better than I deserve and absolutely the love of my life.

About a year ago my wife and I started yoga (traditional Hatha Yoga from an honest to goodness Yogini with lineage and history - Swami Sivananda). I've a back that's pretty much shot. I have tingling and pain down my right leg and numbness in my foot as I type this. The Yoga was to help me lose weight and then to get some core strength so when I have to get surgery (meaning I can't take the pain anymore) it'll be a little easier. I've not lost much weight, but I've lost some inches. I dropped from about 230 to 225 over the last year. I've started eating healthier and came to MFP as a way to help manage what I do eat. Since I work so much and travel a lot, it's just a tool to help keep me focused on what I'm eating.

If I could walk away from the sugared drinks I'd be doing great. Mt. Dew is my down fall. I cut from 64+ ounces a day to less than 32 a day. Now I'm working down past that. I'd like to get under 200 pounds. I weighed 165 when I graduated high school and I'm 39 now. I think 200 is fair. I used to (and still do occasionally) lift weights (part of my back issues I think - can't squat 400-500 pounds and not suffer some way). I still bench about 220 or 225 on a good day. The last time I did the body-fat measurement using that hand-held electricity thingy, I was about 24% - I'd like to drop that below 20% - around 18 would make me happy.

So yeah, there ya go.

Hi and stuff :)

Oh yeah, I live in the southern US - Georgia. No, I don't have an accent, both my parents were from northern states, so we evened out.

hello there from San Diego! , and welcome to MFP!
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    Welcome StGerm! Glad to have you on board!....haha....sounds like I'm a cruise director or something. :)
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Not awkward at all. Lots of stories on here. You'll do well if you enter your food and eat your calories. Just make sure you network.

I'm married, 5 kids, 27, 24 (step sons with wives and kids) 22, 20, 18 (g,g,b). Eldest daughter just joined the Navy. Younger daughter just graduated college and youngest son is graduating high school.
    I have a grand baby on the way from a step son with two other grand children already!! All that and I'm still 42 haha.

I started my journey at 238 - at least that's the highest recorded weight. I didn't step on a scale for a very long time. Last August I watched a video at work with me on it and I was so disgusted with myself that i was determined to make a change. I've lost ~55 lbs. i only weigh in once a month. I work with a nutritionist to balance my diet appropriately and I have a trainer that I work with to help with the lifting and the workouts.

I'm down from a 22 to a 12 right now and working to get down to a size xs. It's a dream. :)

welcome again and feel free to friend.