I'm Shawn (Tyler) Weeks, that guy from 344 Pounds.

Options
tyler
tyler Posts: 33 Member
Hi guys. I started losing weight in January of 2009 and weighed 344 pounds (probably more like 360, but I didn't step onto a scale until 344). Up until that point, I had been obese my entire life.

At the same time I started losing weight, I also started a blog (I won't self-promote, so no link, sorry!) to follow the journey and have had a lot of national attention, CNN, CBS, those kinds of things, which is how I assume Mike from MyFitnessPal found me. Mike sent me an e-mail telling me about MFP one night, congratulating me on my weight loss, etc, and the rest is history.

I've had an account with MFP for years, I just haven't posted until today. I weigh around 200 pounds right now and I'll post a followup post in another few days in the "success story" section with my in-depth story with tips, suggestions, etc.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi!

Replies

• itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    welcome.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hi! And congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on the weight loss! You look great!
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi! cant wait to see your post!
  • missy787
    missy787 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hello. I look forward to reading your story.
  • sevenminaya
    sevenminaya Posts: 112
    Options
    His blog: 344Pounds.com
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I started losing weight in January of 2009 and weighed 344 pounds (probably more like 360, but I didn't step onto a scale until 344). Up until that point, I had been obese my entire life.

At the same time I started losing weight, I also started a blog (I won't self-promote, so no link, sorry!) to follow the journey and have had a lot of national attention, CNN, CBS, those kinds of things, which is how I assume Mike from MyFitnessPal found me. Mike sent me an e-mail telling me about MFP one night, congratulating me on my weight loss, etc, and the rest is history.

I've had an account with MFP for years, I just haven't posted until today. I weigh around 200 pounds right now and I'll post a followup post in another few days in the "success story" section with my in-depth story with tips, suggestions, etc.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi!

Hi there and Grats!!
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wow...welcome Shawn.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I have seen your blog and I was very impressed. Glad to have you here!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Never heard of you but hi!!!
  • vartanfan71
    vartanfan71 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on losing!
  • annemw82
    annemw82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you here at MFP. I've followed your blog for a while now and really enjoy it. welcome and well done!
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hi Tyler! You're the reason I signed up with this site ya know, over a year ago! :) My very first MFP friend :smile:
    You rock.
    Nice to see you post :)
    ~MaryAnn
  • alaskagrly
    alaskagrly Posts: 10
    Options
    Can't wait to hear more sounds VERY motivating! Congrats on an awesome accomplishment!
  • spgipson
    spgipson Posts: 20
    Options
    Success stories are always helpful...so thanks for sharing!! The best part of MFP is the support. Congrats on your journey!!

Sherry
  • missionmeltdown
    missionmeltdown Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Tyler! You're the reason I signed up with this site ya know, over a year ago! :) My very first MFP friend :smile:
    You rock.
    Nice to see you post :)
    ~MaryAnn

Same here. Reason I joined this site. Part of the reason I started my weight loss journey. Big men (especially), check out his blog. He keeps it real with everyday issues and successes.
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Great story. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    welcome and good job!
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Howdy! Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me as a friend, I've lost 42lbs so far, but it's amazing people like you who insipre me! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    Well hello to you too Tyler! Glad to see you on MFP!