I should not have baked that cake.....

Options
because I ate way too much batter. I know this sounds crazy but I love cake batter. Anyone with me on this one?

Replies

• jaimegirl75
    Options
    I agree and could really care less about the baked cake...it's all about the batter! Strangely, my cakes and especially brownies never yield the amount the recipe says on the box. Hmmm, wonder why? :laugh:
  • PhoebeC123
    PhoebeC123 Posts: 28
    Options
    I feel you. I just made cheese scones. I ate one (shouldn't have done) and now I want to gobble the rest. Arrrgh.. self control, self control..
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    3-2-1- CAKE IT'S THE WAY TO GO
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I agree and could really care less about the baked cake...it's all about the batter! Strangely, my cakes and especially brownies never yield the amount the recipe says on the box. Hmmm, wonder why? :laugh:

So true! I can leave a baked cake alone, but mmm.... batter.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I could sit down and eat an entire cake....well the bowl full of batter, love that and brownie batter :)
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I love batter! Cake, cookie, brownie...all of it! I don't bake much these days because I'm all about the batter!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Even worse.........cake batter ice cream, mmmmmm...... <sigh>
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Visalus shakes taste like cake batter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • brighteyesxluv
    brighteyesxluv Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    all batter is deadly in my house..and cookie dough... that's the worst. mmm-mmm-mmm :D
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    YES! I <3 batter. Especially brownie batter. I am rather apathetic towards brownies, but the batter is delicious.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I can leave the batter alone. I can leave the frosting alone. I can even leave the finished cake alone! (Which is good since I bake and decorate A LOT of cakes for people!)

But put cookie dough or freshly baked cookies in front of me and I lose all self control! I am like a meth head who needs a fix and I can't stop until they're all gone!

Great. Now I want a cookie.
  • hapykhiken
    hapykhiken Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can leave the batter alone. I can leave the frosting alone. I can even leave the finished cake alone! (Which is good since I bake and decorate A LOT of cakes for people!)

But put cookie dough or freshly baked cookies in front of me and I lose all self control! I am like a meth head who needs a fix and I can't stop until they're all gone!

Great. Now I want a cookie.

Yeah, I'm usually the same way. There are a few cakes I'd eat.. but cookie dough. Crap.
  • auntiemare
    auntiemare Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to love batter and dough but all the hoopla about raw eggs cured me of it. I completely understand though!
  • hapykhiken
    hapykhiken Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The thing that's good and bad for me is that whenever I bake or cook, I am usually in the kitchen so long, I want nothing to do with the finished product.

So whenever I'm baking a huge cake for someone, I have zero desire to eat any scraps I cut off before decorating. Good!

Cooking meals has to be really quick and really simple because if I'm in the kitchen working at it for too long, I'll not want to eat what I've just made and would defer to cereal (or nothing at all). Bad!
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Something that makes me feel like I'm eating cake batter: plain fat-free Greek yogurt and vanilla protein powder. Sometimes I'll add fruit and this is my breakfast! Satisfying but much healthier. This is coming from someone who has been known to mix cake mix with water and eat it!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Not me!!!

I won't touch batter or raw dough of any kind.

Once it is baked though? I'm done. I once ate an entire tray of cookies, straight from the oven, burning mouth and all.
  • saraclare
    saraclare Posts: 1
    Options
    My trick is to chew gum the whole time I'm cooking a cake! I hate gum normally, but it really helps to stop the temptation to lick the spoon.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    with you...all the way. I am a bit disappointed you didn't share...lmao
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I make a really really good peanut butter brownies, and I usually budget about 2 brownies worth of batter to eat. It's delicious.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Im more of a frosting kind of gal. I have never baked a cake.. but I can imagine most of the frosting would be gone before the cake is even done baking! :)