Hello from western Australia :)

Options
Loraah
Loraah Posts: 111 Member
Hi I'm Laura, I'm 22 and I live in western Australia.

I have A LOT of weight to lose, I'm currently 122 kilos, my long term goal weight is 60 kg and I'm setting myself mini targets of 10 kgs at a time.

I've been using mfp on and off for a while but 10 days ago I decided to do this properly, I'm tracking everything, I'm trying to get in some form of exercise daily, aiming for cardio.

Please check out my profile and diary I need as much support as I can get.

I had my last cigarette about 5 hours ago and am a non smoker as of now. I know quitting smoking at the same time as this will be hard but I feel like I'm cheating myself, going for a run and then having a smoke.

This is going to be a very difficult day.

Wish me luck

Replies

• retunks
    retunks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    good luck. You should find this site a big help. Just remember to stay the course and don't get discouraged. Good choice to set small targets, easier to see results.
  • NaiaNZ
    NaiaNZ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good luck hun!!!
    Feel free to add me if you need extra support =)
    I started at 92kg, and 6 months later - I am now 64kg - So it is definately do-able!!
    Congrats on the non-smoking too, what an awesome achievement!
    Xx
  • kesslertg
    kesslertg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Consider using help for the nicotine withdrawal, like the patch. The technique I've been using for losing weight ... the one that worked ... is that I kept saying "I'm not a 98 kg man. That is not who I am!" That really motivated me. Since then I've lost 9.5 kgs and am determined to drop another 8-10 kgs. Whenever I have a binge or drift back to bad habits, I remind myself that I am not a 98 kg man. : )

Measuring your calories and exercise creates accountability. That is what I needed. I find that if I don't make myself accountable things get out of control. You can do this. You need to dig really deep and be determined.

Feel free to Friend ... I've got some MFP friends who can help you and support you. Aussies and Yanks are very similar. We think the same. You can do this. : )
  • Loraah
    Options
    Thanks guys, such awesome support already. Now to get through my day without screaming at anyone. Fingers crossed
  • Loraah
    Options
    Wow! Well done on hitting your goal. That's amazing!
    Good luck hun!!!
    Feel free to add me if you need extra support =)
    I started at 92kg, and 6 months later - I am now 64kg - So it is definately do-able!!
    Congrats on the non-smoking too, what an awesome achievement!
    Xx
  • DanLichty
    DanLichty Posts: 14
    Options
    Good luck, I know you can crush your goal!