Stay-at-Home Moms 6/29-7/5

Options
Marla64
Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
Greetings to all of you in the trenches-- :wink:

Stacey is away this week, so asked me to start this thread-- for any newbies, I'm a homeschooling mom of 9-- have been in the trenches for some time, and will be there for quite a few more years-- my oldest is off to college in the fall, and my youngest will be 2 in November-- busy times. :noway:

Despite it all, with the help of this site and some encouragement and aid from some lovely people, I've lost 44 pounds--

We can all do this-- have a great week, peeps.

Off to Six Flags this morning-- wooooot!

Replies

• BubbasMomma09
    Options
    Hey! I am a stay at home mom of four from the age 4 to 7. My baby is just now fixen to start school. I am new to this and I am going to try my best to losing the weight. I love to see women that are mothers that have lost the weight, when I see that other moms can do it I know I can. Thanks!
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been posting on this thread for a few weeks now. For those of you who don't know me, I'm a sort of stay at home mom to 2. My son is 6 1/2 & will start 1st grade this Aug, and my daughter is 5 & will start kindergarten. I say I'm sort of a sahm because I was completely stay at home until almost 2 years ago. I was blessed to get a job as the church secretary at our church at 10 hours a week. My kids were in a drop off day care one day and came to work with me the other day. I'm now up to 20 hours a week working 9 am to 1 pm. During the school year, my kids get out of school at 1:45, so I'm at home when they are. They can come w/ me on days they don't have school. They do pretty much the same things at work as they do at home: play, watch a little tv, draw pictures, eat snacks. I make sure they eat lunch there so we have the rest of the day to do other things such as go to the pool or the library.

My mini goals for Monday are:

drink all 8 glasses of h20
    walk 10 min on the treadmill (problem w/ my toe, going to doctor Tues. can't wait to walk more!)
    take kids to the pool
    stay within my calories

I hope everyone has a great night!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey! I am a stay at home mom of four from the age 4 to 7. My baby is just now fixen to start school. I am new to this and I am going to try my best to losing the weight. I love to see women that are mothers that have lost the weight, when I see that other moms can do it I know I can. Thanks!

Oh my-- you can SOOOO do this-- and it will be easier at your age. DON'T wait till your 40s to start, believe me-- much more difficult.:noway:

Log all your food, even your coffee cream-- don't nibble from your kids' plates, take captive every morsel-- and exercise.

Just as important-- find some friends here-- the fun and accountability here has been crucial!

You can do this!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hello! I've been posting on this thread for a few weeks now. For those of you who don't know me, I'm a sort of stay at home mom to 2. My son is 6 1/2 & will start 1st grade this Aug, and my daughter is 5 & will start kindergarten. I say I'm sort of a sahm because I was completely stay at home until almost 2 years ago. I was blessed to get a job as the church secretary at our church at 10 hours a week. My kids were in a drop off day care one day and came to work with me the other day. I'm now up to 20 hours a week working 9 am to 1 pm. During the school year, my kids get out of school at 1:45, so I'm at home when they are. They can come w/ me on days they don't have school. They do pretty much the same things at work as they do at home: play, watch a little tv, draw pictures, eat snacks. I make sure they eat lunch there so we have the rest of the day to do other things such as go to the pool or the library.

My mini goals for Monday are:

drink all 8 glasses of h20
    walk 10 min on the treadmill (problem w/ my toe, going to doctor Tues. can't wait to walk more!)
    take kids to the pool
    stay within my calories

I hope everyone has a great night!
    Hi Amy-- nice to meet you! Hope your piggy gets fixed-- I had an ingrown toenail years ago-- pain!!!!

Here's to meeting all your goals for tomorrow-- :drinker: :drinker:
  • AdriansMomma
    Options
    hi im a stay at home mom to a almost 2 month old little boy
    and i need to work out and get fit

i wanna be able to make my hubby drool over me
    before i was pregnant-175
    day i gave birth- 197
    almost 2 months pp- 171
    goal- 130

my mini goals for monday
    drink 8 cups of water
    walk for 30 minutes in both am and pm

237531.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    Hi! I'm a stay-at-home (and soon to be work-at-home, too!) mom to a 14-month-old boy. I've been overweight for a long, long time but I'm really cracking down on my bad habits now and getting a hold of myself!

I've been using MFP off and on for quite some time, and I've been tracking with it for the past few months. That's how I lost the weight! (see ticker)

Glad to be part of the message boards again! Hello, all!
  • MommaPaz
    MommaPaz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a part-time stay at home mom of 1 10month old baby girl! I say part time because I work 6 nights (in a row) and then have 8 nights off. When I'm working, I still take care of my daughter during the day. But today starts my stretch off and I couldn't be happier! I'd like to find some accountability with some people here and I hope you'll all accept me as one of your own!
    I need help with motivation to get moving (especially when I'm working) and lots of help with snacking when I'm not working!
    Monday's plan (when I get home from work)
    -take a walk to the library and stop at the grocery store for fresh produce.
    -not snacking on junk!
  • jenniferscheller
    jenniferscheller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a stay at home mom to four children 13 year old boy 3 year old girl 1 year old twin boys:noway: . It sure is not easy trying to take care of yourself and children at the same time. This site is the only adult conversation i get during the day. good luck everyone:smile:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options

Stacey is away this week, so asked me to start this thread-- for any newbies, I'm a homeschooling mom of 9-- have been in the trenches for some time, and will be there for quite a few more years-- my oldest is off to college in the fall, and my youngest will be 2 in November-- busy times. :noway:

Despite it all, with the help of this site and some encouragement and aid from some lovely people, I've lost 44 pounds--

You are a Saint!!!

I'm a 37 y.o. SAHM to two girls aged 3 and 21 months.
    I started this journey back in November 2008 and in February I hired a PT so that I can be even more motivated to lose the weight. Well, I've been on a plateau since February and I'm stumped. I came across this site through Jillian Michaels fan page on FB. By analyzing my macronutrients consumption, I think I may have found where I'm going wrong. I've been protein loading for quite some time. Hopefully this will be the answer!!
    I work out with my trainer three days a week, swim 20 x 25 meter laps twice a week, do 30-50 minutes on the treadmill 2-3 times a week and will be starting a new program - Bikram or Hot Yoga twice a week.

My Goal weight is 150
    My current (as of last week) is 190
    My start weight was 214

Do you do weekly weigh ins?
  • amypyr
    Options
    Good afternoon all! Welcome to those who are new to this thread! :flowerforyou: It's good to see some new faces.

Well, I didn't make any of my mini goals yesterday. I did go to the doctor this morning & found out I have a bone spur on the joint of my big toe & the onset of arthritis in that toe. I got a cortizone shot & an appt to go in to be fitted for orthotics. I may end up needing surgery on it down the road. The worst part of it is that he told me I can't walk as my main form of exercise :sad: because it will aggravate the toe! That's what I like do to the best! And walking is what helps me lose weight best too. So right now, I REALLY need to concentrate on the cals & h2o!

My mini goals today are:

drink 8 glasses of h2o
    walk 10 min on treadmill
    stay w/in my cals

I hope everyone is having a good day!
  • amypyr
    Options
    Hello! I'm checking in for the day. I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

I didn't make any of my mini goals yesterday. I have the same goals today, and so far, I'm doing great on my cals. I just have to make sure I don't blow it at dinner!
  • amypyr
    Options
    Hi everyone! I came much closer to my goals today. I was only over my cals by 250. Considering how I've been doing the last week, that was great! :happy: I didn't get all 8 glasses of h2o, but I got 6, which is again, much better than I have been. I didn't walk on the treadmill, but I was walking up and down the stairs a lot this evening getting things ready for our trip tomorrow. I'll be checking in tomorrow morning/early afternoon and then leaving for the mountains. We're going to my MIL's vacation cabin where there's no computer & barely any cell phone signal. I've planned ahead and got a cheap journal to log in my food and exercise while we're gone. Then I want to log it on MFP once we get back to see how well I did.

Signing off for tonight! Have a great night everyone!
  • amypyr
    Options
    Hi all! I'm heading to the mountains! I'll be back Monday evening! Happy 4th!!!!!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    hi ladies! i'mback and will start next week's thread tomorrow.

glad to see new faces! this is a great thread with lots of caring moms. we are all committed to better health for ourselves, and by extension our families. :flowerforyou:

i had a GREAT vacation this past week. my eating was iffy--some parts i did really well and also had a lot of indulgences. i am sure the # on the scale will go up.
    i did a lot of exercise tho. LOVED going for early AM walks--i got in 15miles of that. i was in park city, ut (home of the 2002 winter olympics) and the fresh air and cool temperatures were so perfect.

amy--i hope your mtn getaway was equally enjoyable.

hope to be talking wiht you all some more. :happy:
  • francis_adriro
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I'm NEW to the group:smile: My name is Francis, I'm 23 years old and a sahm to a 2 year old little girl. My hubby is military and currently deployed to Iraq:frown: But we both have each others support! I hope to make some friends and also share our journeys together.

Starting Weight: 166lbs
    Current Weight: 156lbs
    Goal Weight: 125lbs
  • wendymuse
    wendymuse Posts: 39
    Options
    It's nice to meet you. I am a homeschooling mom of 6. My oldest is almost 14 and I have a 4 month old baby girl. I just joined mfp and it has been so helpful and encouraging I can't hardly get off. Good thing is is summer and shool's out. :laugh:

• euphoria11
    euphoria11 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hey guys... new to this post/group.
    I'm a 22-year-old stay-at-home mommy (for now, until I go back to college in the fall, then I will be away 2 days of the week) to a beautiful 3 month old baby boy. He is my world!! :heart:
    I am definitely no where close to where I want to be.
    I lost all of my pregnancy weight immediately... now I am working on old weight. :sad:
    I want to get to 135... at about 158/160 right now... but I feel like I will never get there!
    Ugh!!!

I went off of my plan a little this weekend... a large margarita plus a small one to top me off :tongue: , and a bit of 4th of july food (a cheeseburger, chips and dip/salsa on multiple occasions), Ugh! And we ate Ryan's today... (which isn't even that good!) and not enough working out! Just one 600 cal workout on Sat (600 cal workout Fri too)... nothing on Sunday. My weight was 158 on Friday... got on the scale tonight and it read 162!
    I almost cried!!

I sure hope it is water weight and what not! Oh my goodness... 4 lbs is hard to lose! Tell me it's not THAT easy to gain!!!

Getting discouraged.
    I feel like these 25 lbs will never come off!
    And the fact that my lower belly will NOT go down for anything makes me want to scream!!!
    I know I just had a baby 3 months ago... but I feel like my belly will never go down! Post baby belly is gross... it's jiggly and, well just gross. The baby bump is cute when you are pregnant.... but not once the baby is here! haha!

Words of encouragement are greatly appreciated! ;)
  • staceyw37
    Options
    Hey guys... new to this post/group.
    I'm a 22-year-old stay-at-home mommy (for now, until I go back to college in the fall, then I will be away 2 days of the week) to a beautiful 3 month old baby boy. He is my world!! :heart:
    I am definitely no where close to where I want to be.
    I lost all of my pregnancy weight immediately... now I am working on old weight. :sad:
    I want to get to 135... at about 158/160 right now... but I feel like I will never get there!
    Ugh!!!

I went off of my plan a little this weekend... a large margarita plus a small one to top me off :tongue: , and a bit of 4th of july food (a cheeseburger, chips and dip/salsa on multiple occasions), Ugh! And we ate Ryan's today... (which isn't even that good!) and not enough working out! Just one 600 cal workout on Sat (600 cal workout Fri too)... nothing on Sunday. My weight was 158 on Friday... got on the scale tonight and it read 162!
    I almost cried!!

I sure hope it is water weight and what not! Oh my goodness... 4 lbs is hard to lose! Tell me it's not THAT easy to gain!!!

Getting discouraged.
    I feel like these 25 lbs will never come off!
    And the fact that my lower belly will NOT go down for anything makes me want to scream!!!
    I know I just had a baby 3 months ago... but I feel like my belly will never go down! Post baby belly is gross... it's jiggly and, well just gross. The baby bump is cute when you are pregnant.... but not once the baby is here! haha!

Words of encouragement are greatly appreciated! ;)

welcome!! baby is 3m?? you need to give your body time to adjust--it may never go back to pre-preg shapes but it will shape up. it can take a good year for it all to settle out.
    just keep eating right and enjoying your baby--and give it some time.
    cardio is great for fat burning--and marla says running makes a big diff with the belly.
    happy to have you here!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    here is the link to this week's thread.

come read/post over there.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/59148-sahm-7-5-7-12
    :heart: