Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Did you know about Insurance.....................

czewwhat
czewwhat Posts: 8,715
edited September 19 in Chit-Chat
I have recently been shopping insurance, life insurance to be specific. Three months ago got a quote and decided it was just too high at the time. Did not really know why, thought it was my age. 53. However 3 months later after losing 20 pounds got another quote same coverage and rates nearly half what I was quoted just three months ago. The agent explained my weight was the factor! As I am three months older it was not my age! Age does have something to do with it, but I had no Idea weight was so important!

I think this info is very important to others who might be looking for coverage or thought they could not afford it! Who knows in these tough economic times you might look into saving some money and getting your insurance looked at if you have lost some weight as I did. I am not done, but was very pleased to learn this info. Hope it helps someone else save money too!

Replies

• DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    It kinda makes sense that they'd change thier rates for weight......there are a lot of negitive health things that are effected by wieght. Heart attacks, diabetes, some types of cancer.

I know how you feel. I went to the optomitrist's last week. My eyesight actually got better!! The doctor was kinda wondering why and I said I had lost wieght since my last check. The doctor said maybe that's why i need a weaker prescription because my blood sugar and pressure is lower.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    It is great to know that not only will we save money on all the medications we were taking, but also on other areas of our life.

A friend with private health insurance was chit chatting with her agent, told her she had lost 50 pounds. The agent re-wrote her health ins. at a cheaper rate.

I am in the industry and know for a fact that age, health, weight and smoking plays a huge role in life and health insurance.

Someone who quits smoking can pay as much as 1/2 the premium as someone who does.

More money for the clothes jar!!

:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.