Question on fitbit

Options
Ok so just a question for all my fellow fitbit users. I just went for a walk that I know was two miles long (I calculated it with my odometer on my car when I came home from work). However, when I was done, my fitbit said I had walked 3.36 miles. Im only 5'3 with short legs so Is this because I have short legs so it looks like I'm actually walking that much? Just food for thought I guess.

Replies

• maglodee
    maglodee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ok so just a question for all my fellow fitbit users. I just went for a walk that I know was two miles long (I calculated it with my odometer on my car when I came home from work). However, when I was done, my fitbit said I had walked 3.36 miles. Im only 5'3 with short legs so Is this because I have short legs so it looks like I'm actually walking that much? Just food for thought I guess.

The distance displayed on the Fitbit is the accumulated distance since last midnight. I'm also 5'3 and have a shorter stride, so to make it more accurate I calculated my stride length and input that into Fitbit. To do that yourself, just edit your profile and you can put in your stride length there, as well as a running stride length. HTH!