I never reach my 1200 calories but I’m not hungry.

Options

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    When you're cutting fat, generally the more you are in a deficit, the more potential fat you can lose to an extent.
    and muscle
    I don't wanna lose muscle!! :sad:
    Me too. I love my muscles since that way I can eat more, look sexy even naked and lift heavy things
  • llmichalek
    llmichalek Posts: 48
    Options
    I'll have to disagree with clobercow. I lost 50 pounds of baby weight this year by eating less than 1200 calories a day, and running 2 miles, walking 1 mile 5 days a week. I hit the 50 pound mark in November. Since then, I have tried EVERYTHING I can possibly think of to lost those last 10-15 pounds. I cut more and more calories, added more exercise 7 days a week. I haven't lost a SINGLE POUND. On top of it, I am understandably exhausted and irritable. I messed up my metabolism by starving myself for so long. I think the closer you get to your goal weight, the norm doesn't always apply to you. Also, yesterday someone gave me some very good advice. What works for one person will not necessarily work for everyone.
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're measuring the portions right? perhaps you are eatin those 1200 calories but you're measirung the wrong way. This happened to me, I was so happy doing my 1200 calories, I started to use a balance and turns out I was eating like 1500 calories!

That might be why you don't get hungry, cause in fact you are eating what you're supposed to :)
  • emolias
    emolias Posts: 12
    Options
    I’ll stop with the non-fat yogurt and have some full fat! And I’m gonna try to add some peanut butter to my breakfast routine. Yummy!
    I’ll try my best to eat back my exercise calories,
    I’m sorry that my diary but I feel more comfortable that way.

This is usually what I have in a day:
    Breakfast: 1 non-fat yogurt, 1 oatmeal cookie, the rest of the morning 3-4 cups of green tea, coffee or mate cocido (that last one is from Argentina, where I’m from), no sugar and 1% fat milk.
    Lunch: 1 cup of fruit salad and 1 veggie quiche the size of the palm of my hand.
    Dinner: quinoa pasta, soya burgers or scramble eggs with veggies with olive oil.
    Snack: 2 slices of whole wheat bread with hummus or non fat cream cheese with avocado.

Thank you everybody!
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Like others said, add healthy oils, ie evoo or grape seed oil (burns at higher heat), or cook with coconut oil..which is actually supposed to be good for you

Try the nut butters, ie cashew, hazelnut, sunflower seed etc ...this way you wont get bored with just peanut butter

Are you eating high fiber foods? Those can fill you up for hours and not make you feel hungry

and yes..treat yourself here n there...i eat clif builders bar as my "treat"..they are sugary and chocolatey but still have protein and some other stuff
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I’ll stop with the non-fat yogurt and have some full fat! And I’m gonna try to add some peanut butter to my breakfast routine. Yummy!

Breakfast: 1 non-fat yogurt, 1 oatmeal cookie, the rest of the morning 3-4 cups of green tea, coffee or mate cocido (that last one is from Argentina, where I’m from), no sugar and 1% fat milk.
    Lunch: 1 cup of fruit salad and 1 veggie quiche the size of the palm of my hand.
    Dinner: quinoa pasta, soya burgers or scramble eggs with veggies with olive oil.
    Snack: 2 slices of whole wheat bread with hummus or non fat cream cheese with avocado.

Thank you everybody!

Try greek yogurt...lots of protein in it and its creamy
    I think the green tea might be filling you up..maybe reduce that to one cup in the morning, one in the afternoon and evening...it will help your digestion move along as well
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,243 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just started a few days ago and everyone is telling me I have been seriously under eating and have totally screwed up my metabolism. I am trying to net 1440/day and I am lightly to very active. Sooo...today I ate what felt like nonstop ALL day and then I just had a run and a walk and am left with 451 calories! I'm not hungry and it's kind of late to eat that much. I guess I was seriously under eating. Anyway, although I have no advice, it seems we are having the same problems so I feel for you.

4 tablespoons of peanut butter would get you there
  • llmichalek
    llmichalek Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi. I just started a few days ago and everyone is telling me I have been seriously under eating and have totally screwed up my metabolism. I am trying to net 1440/day and I am lightly to very active. Sooo...today I ate what felt like nonstop ALL day and then I just had a run and a walk and am left with 451 calories! I'm not hungry and it's kind of late to eat that much. I guess I was seriously under eating. Anyway, although I have no advice, it seems we are having the same problems so I feel for you.

4 tablespoons of peanut butter would get you there

Mmmm...peanut butter...
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I have the same prob. Usually it's the days I'm really good. The days I have processed crap, I usually it!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1600 and 1900 calories a day

Drop the low fat and diet crap and eat real food. Full fat yogurt, nut, avocados, have one treat a day

This!!! Stop starving yourself, eat real food and up your calories.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd say eat more than 1200 if you are having high-burn workouts.

Also I find that I don't get that hungry on exercise days, but it's my rest days that I want to eat eat eat, so that's where I do my calorie catch-up. Don't get freaked out if you eat over your calorie goal on a rest day and weigh in a couple pounds heavier the next day (especially if you eat more carbs than usual) as it's usually just water weight.

Edit to add: your body gets used to whatever you've been doing/giving it after a few weeks, generally. This doesn't mean you've slipped into the dreaded, horrible starvation mode (I do believe it exists, I don't believe it's that quick or easy to reach as most people imply) Up your calories slowly, and once you are eating more you will wonder how you ever felt satisfied on less than 1200 calories a day.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    mmmm....peanut butter...... :) Eat more is my suggestion as well. I have days where its lower- but its occasional. I try and eat 2000 calories a day. (I'm bad on weekends and eat a lot more than that, working on that though) I need the fuel for workouts. Now that I eat more, my body is happier!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

Thank you everybody!

Surprise I was right.
    Good luck dear.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it could be your workouts that are zapping your appetite. i do HIIT workouts 3 times a week and on those days i have NO appetite. apparently it's something to do with the the eat HIIT affects hormones. in any case on those days, i pretty much have to force myself to eat my calories.

protein/fruit smoothies are a good way to add a quick 300-400 calories
    2 eggs, half an avocado, half a cup of greek yogurt and a tablespoon of fruit preserve is way to add 450-500 calories
  • hcfairy1
    hcfairy1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Update?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    EDIT: This post is 2 years old, removing my comment as it is probably pointless.
  • missdelagarza7
    Options
    I have the same issue. I am just starting out, I did a 6 day "clean eating" meal plan that has you eat 1 hour after you wake up for breakfast, then 2-3 hours after is an AM snack, 1 hour after that is Lunch, 2-3 hours after that is a PM snack and then 2 hours (always 3 hours before bedtime) is Dinner.... Im eating so often and such filling servings that I even skipped lunch today because 5oz of Roast Beef Deli meat with 1 oz of Swiss SEEMED like lunch to me but it was only supposed to be the Am SNACK?!
    Now I'm clueless because I wasn't reaching my goal of at least 1200 WITH a laid out meal plan for the week, and now that the week is over I have no idea where to start looking for a meal plan and shopping list. I lost 5 pounds already, but I think that could just be water weight...?
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Glad that 1200 calories works for you. I can not say that I would be anywhere close to satisfied with only 1200 calories a day, so I have no idea how you feel "full" on less than that. Yes, you are probably starving your body. You should at least be eating your BMR calories, which is the amount you need to just breath every day.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I am just starting out, I did a 6 day "clean eating" meal plan that has you eat 1 hour after you wake up for breakfast, then 2-3 hours after is an AM snack, 1 hour after that is Lunch, 2-3 hours after that is a PM snack and then 2 hours (always 3 hours before bedtime) is Dinner.... Im eating so often and such filling servings that I even skipped lunch today because 5oz of Roast Beef Deli meat with 1 oz of Swiss SEEMED like lunch to me but it was only supposed to be the Am SNACK?!
    Now I'm clueless because I wasn't reaching my goal of at least 1200 WITH a laid out meal plan for the week, and now that the week is over I have no idea where to start looking for a meal plan and shopping list. I lost 5 pounds already, but I think that could just be water weight...?

How did everyone who is "full" on 1200 calories get to the point of needing to be here in the first place??