Water Weight Questions

Options
What is water weight?

How do I know if I'm losing fat or water weight?

What are some ways (exercise tips/eating tips) that I can make sure I'm losing more fat than water weight?

Anything else informative about water weight would also be helpful! So share what you can :)

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Google is your best friend!

First thing I got was:
    http://www.weightlossforall.com/losing-water-weight.htm

I do not vouch for the accuracy.
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    I think 1st come the water loss then the fat loss.
    when the cell has sodium,content water, makes it harder to lose weight. That's why most of the diet wants you drink lots of water and input low sodium. I know when I lose water weight.... by my output water and I weight myself everyday..If I lose more than 1 lb overnight or like couple weeks ago I lose 1lb 4 days on the row. I'm happy when I lose water weight tho.. b/c I know.. I'm going to lose fat weight next.
    :drinker:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I think 1st come the water loss then the fat loss.
    when the cell has sodium,content water, makes it harder to lose weight. That's why most of the diet wants you drink lots of water and input low sodium. I know when I lose water weight.... by my output water and I weight myself everyday..If I lose more than 1 lb overnight or like couple weeks ago I lose 1lb 4 days on the row. I'm happy when I lose water weight tho.. b/c I know.. I'm going to lose fat weight next.
    :drinker:

this makes me feel like i am never losing weight and just waterweight cause of my high sodium intake. is it true that i am never losing fat without losing water first...how long exactly does it take to burn your 'water' first before burning those calories?????
  • rhymeswithfox
    rhymeswithfox Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    But is it normal to weight 146 before working out and than after working out weight one pound more? Could it be because during my time exercising I drank so much water?

I dunno, this whole diet stuff makes no sense :grumble:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    But is it normal to weight 146 before working out and than after working out weight one pound more? Could it be because during my time exercising I drank so much water?

I dunno, this whole diet stuff makes no sense :grumble:

aw i feel that way sometimes too, there is SO much info you don't know which path to follow

but i guess you can just have faith, like in santa claus. just cause you can't see it it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist...or make sense!
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    No, you do lose fat event tho you have an high sodium diet. Low sodium diet just makes it easier to lose weight.
    Gaining weight after the work out, it could be you drank lots of water or your muscles are swollen up..to build more muscle mass. I think..
  • mhemmer
    mhemmer Posts: 3
    Options
    I'd say also...don't get so hung up on what the scale says. Muscle weighs more than fat. If you are building some muscle, that is a good thing. You'll lose the fat too, just keep it up. Your clothes will fit better, but the scale may not change so much.