Anyone else who likes to get exercise but hates exercising?

Options
I always feel great when I've gotten some exercise but I find exercising soooooooo boring! I actually do like to run but hate the area I live in and the general idea of running around here fills me with meh.
So I look for fun alternatives and am mostly left disappointed.

And then I found this app! It won't be for everyone, and I mean it really really won't be for everyone but I think it's brilliant!

It's called Zombies, Run!

I've only done it twice and must look like a loon (one of the trainers at my gym came over and asked me what I was listening to because my face was hilarious!) but it's great. It's a story based running app. You're being chased by zombies! The app helps plot a route using GPS (although it can still be used on a treadmill) , gives you survivor missions to get med kits, food, weapons etc. There's even an interval training mode where they send a zombie horde after you!

Beyond fun!

It's quite pricey but I feel like i've gotten my money's worth already.

Thought there may be some others on here who might enjoy it.
x

Replies

• ajsmiley2003
    ajsmiley2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Where did you find it? Do you have the website?
  • beardmouse
    beardmouse Posts: 19
    Options
    I found it in the app store on my phone, so I guess you could try iTunes store>Apps?
    Let me go and check who made it as there may be links on the creators website...

X
  • beardmouse
    Options
    Here you go:

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

X

P.s I appreciate your 1st post ever being in response to my hating exercise. Good to know I'm not alone!
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha that sounds fun...but also might give me nightmares lol
  • beardmouse
    Options
    True but then it might have you running in your sleep which sounds like ideal exercise to me!

X
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    OMG! This may be the most amazing thing I have ever heard. EVER! I'm not a fan of making a fool of myself while running - the fact that I run does enough of that already, but I can totally picture myself running through the park dodging invisible zombies.

This may push me to a faster mile time too :-)
  • AmandaPandah
    AmandaPandah Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Have you been exercising for long?
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    YAY! Would it be too weird to do this while pushing my kids in a stroller?
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    try to explore and find an exercise that interest you. maybe dancing, walking, cleaning or even sex. as long you keep yourself interested.
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Do you think this app would work for other cardio workouts? I am staying away from the treadmill because of my back..
  • beardmouse
    Options
    OMG! This may be the most amazing thing I have ever heard. EVER! I'm not a fan of making a fool of myself while running - the fact that I run does enough of that already, but I can totally picture myself running through the park dodging invisible zombies.

This may push me to a faster mile time too :-)

Do it Do it Do it!
    If I spent any of my day worrying about making a fool of myself I'd never leave the house!

X
  • beardmouse
    Options
    YAY! Would it be too weird to do this while pushing my kids in a stroller?

Hell no! What kind of mothers would we be if we didn't prepare our kids for the zombie apocalypse? Anyone who thinks its weird is getting eaten first! <<< true story.

X
  • beardmouse
    Options
    try to explore and find an exercise that interest you. maybe dancing, walking, cleaning or even sex. as long you keep yourself interested.
    Thank you. :)
    I'm ashamed to admit that I used to run for my country (albeit a small one).
    Aside from being older and lazier, it's more because I could name 50 things without stopping for breath that I'd rather be doing with my limited free time.
    When it comes to regular exercise I'm like a toddler having a tantrum. I hate it I hate it I hate it but distract me for long enough and I forget what I was moaning about. That's why this app interests me and because I'm (massive understatement alert) a bit of a zombie fan.

X
  • beardmouse
    Options
    Do you think this app would work for other cardio workouts? I am staying away from the treadmill because of my back..

In all honesty I've no idea! The makers are super eager about the app though so I guess if you follow the link above and email them they might be able to help. I'll bet it's not the 1st time they've been asked.

X
  • beardmouse
    Options
    Have you been exercising for long?

Clearly I don't know how to multi-quote from my phone, sorry for all the posts.

On and off all my life and I have a pretty physical job but in general it never seems to get any more interesting...

x