Open address

Options
Reposted with permission from the facebook of the TheCrossFitter:

"An open address to women (and anyone else who cares) Dear The World,

This is what 150lbs looks like on a woman who is just shy of 5' 5". 150lbs is not fat. Stop thinking it is. Gaining weight isn't always bad (in fact you can lose inches while you do.)

Women, get off the scale. Get off the leg curl machine, treadmill, elliptical, and anything else that is a machine (unless you sincerely enjoy it, but I don't know many who do). Pick up a barbell. Deadlift, shoulder press, squat... back, front, and overhead. Do thrusters, push press, clean, jerk, snatch. Start with a pvc pipe and move up to an empty bar, and as time goes by start adding weight. Learn to do pull ups, push ups, burpees, box jumps, and lunges. Spend some time standing on your hands and learn to walk on them. Sprint. Push a sled with weight on it. Move sandbags. Move heavy weight: pick it up and put it back down. Repeat. Have fun with it. Get strong and get fast. Stop telling yourself you need to spend hours on end at the gym. It doesn't take long. You can be in and out in an hour: warm up, do some strength work, and end with a nice metcon and you're finished. And don't forget to take rest, you need it.

Stop eating junk on a daily basis. Eat real foods (hint: they don't often come with a nutrition label). Yes, this means you're going to have to learn some basic cooking skills, and if I can do it, I think that speaks for itself. Stop counting calories. If you fill up on meat and veggies first you'll be shocked at how satisfied and full you are. Stop buying low cal, low fat, low whatever and eat nutritious food to fuel your body (hint: you should be able to identify what it is: "fish!" "asparagus!" "blackberries!" "broccoli!") Seriously, relax with the grains, I promise you aren't going to die by cutting back and in all likelihood the wheat is wrecking havoc on your gut lining anyhow. Find the foods that leave you full and give you energy for work and play and eat them.

Don't be afraid of strength. Don't be afraid of muscle. Stop looking for an easy out. Take care of your body. You are a human and your body expects you to move it, it's biology. Please, get off of the scale. And for the love of God, throw away your shake weight.

Much love,
Deanie"

And the picture to go with it

581505_10100812795887554_23322721_51862132_1092903727_n.jpg