AB CHALLENGE WEEK 2

Options

Replies

• fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Is there a Week 3 ab challenge??????? I can't find it!

Where is everybody???????????:noway:

Hello?:indifferent:

Am I alone in the world?:sad:

Okay, well I neglected the ab exercises last week, but I am going to start again tonight.

I think I'm all alone.:frown:

I will keep at this.

Don't give up, you guys!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

And after all this, there probably is a Week 3 challenge and I'm just missing it.:huh:
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    Is there a Week 3 ab challenge??????? I can't find it!

Where is everybody???????????:noway:

Hello?:indifferent:

Am I alone in the world?:sad:

Okay, well I neglected the ab exercises last week, but I am going to start again tonight.

I think I'm all alone.:frown:

I will keep at this.

Don't give up, you guys!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

And after all this, there probably is a Week 3 challenge and I'm just missing it.:huh:

I'm still doing it Fitgal!!! I am on holidays, and back and forth from a cottage, and vacationing, but I am hanging in! I took a few days off because my neck was sore (tisk, tisk, I know, bad form) and my abs were literally killing from the routine! I am hanging in though!

Did you find the new post?
    :flowerforyou:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm back! I was on vacation, so sorry for being MIA. I am going to continue the challenge :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I too was on holiday but back again.
    I bought a "Bender Ball" and plan to work the challenge using that. I'll let you all know how that works out for me.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking this to check out later! :flowerforyou:
  • danni55
    danni55 Posts: 22
    Options
    hhmm seems like i'm late joining this BUT I am interested nonetheless and will try this out...I hope I feel the burn in my stomach. It's the one place that I can work out till I pass out and not feel anything.

I think someone mentioned the bender ball? Please post how that goes for you. I keep seeing the infomercial for that and would like to get it....if it's as great as the infomercial claims.
  • hippieguitargirl
    Options
    ah. . . i want to join!! this sounds exciting!! :happy:
  • danni55
    Options
    ok i did this after my workout with 30 day shred and i feeeel it. i found out i can do the regular plank but def not the side planks....so i will have to work on that...but i guess it will feel REALLY good when I finally can do the side planks. my cousin said she does side planks and lowers her hips to the floor and back up a few reps/sets....holy cow i can't even do the regular side planks and she thinks i should try some sort of side crunch while doing the side planks?! :noway:
  • vanimami
    Options
    Hi all, I didn't do them yesterday because I wasnt' feeling good (or was I just being lazy :huh: ) Anyways, I'm back on track today and am going to do them with a vengence :glasses:

BTW, welcome to all the newbies to this challenge. This is actually our 3rd week for this challenge, but my 2nd since I didnt' do anything really all last week since I was on vacation :grumble:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Bookmarking this to check out later! :flowerforyou:

How do you bookmark a thread?
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    can i play ?
  • Jamie_W
    Jamie_W Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    there is no way I can do these now but I do have a question. I am aiming to loose 100 lbs by this time next year - will doing ab exercises keep me from having to get extra skin removed. I have heard and seen where folks have lost weight but they still look big cuz of flabby skin. I mean the last thing I want to do is loose a bunch of weight and have a flabby belly!!
  • fitgal411
    Options
    there is no way I can do these now but I do have a question. I am aiming to loose 100 lbs by this time next year - will doing ab exercises keep me from having to get extra skin removed. I have heard and seen where folks have lost weight but they still look big cuz of flabby skin. I mean the last thing I want to do is loose a bunch of weight and have a flabby belly!!

I think that in order to lose belly fat, you have to do cardio. But after that, you have to do ab exercises because that's what makes you have strong, six-pak (or close to it) abs. Just doing tons of crunches doesn't make your stomach any smaller. You have to vary your routine.

Good luck with your goals!:flowerforyou:
  • danni55
    Options
    i have been told that with cardio and crunches, that you are losing fat and keeping the ab muscles toned which should help keep away the loose skin.

i did these again tonight, minus the side planks again....i feel it but not in a bad way. i wish this flab in front would MOVE already. :laugh:
  • vanimami
    Options
    i have been told that with cardio and crunches, that you are losing fat and keeping the ab muscles toned which should help keep away the loose skin.

i did these again tonight, minus the side planks again....i feel it but not in a bad way. i wish this flab in front would MOVE already. :laugh:

:laugh: Me too, I want my side and front pooches gone asap :grumble: Oh well. So, I didnt' do them last night, for whatever reason, but I PROMISE I will today :smile: :smile: If I don't, the pooches will stay :grumble:
  • Jamie_W
    Jamie_W Posts: 157 Member
    Options

I think that in order to lose belly fat, you have to do cardio. But after that, you have to do ab exercises because that's what makes you have strong, six-pak (or close to it) abs. Just doing tons of crunches doesn't make your stomach any smaller. You have to vary your routine.

Good luck with your goals!:flowerforyou:

THANKS!! :bigsmile:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: can i play along
  • vanimami
    Options
    :flowerforyou: can i play along
    Of Course!! Anyone can :flowerforyou: I've been lazy about it though, but I gotta toughen up this week! No more excuses. Is anyone even doing this anymore:cry: , oh well, if I"m the only one, I'm the only one :glasses:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I'm still here. :happy: But I need to get back into the groove. :frown: Maybe we could look at some different exercises instead of repeating the same ones over and over again?:ohwell: Maybe one routine Monday, Wednesday, Friday and another Tuesday, Thursday and then a rest over the weekend?
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Hello? Anyone?

How can I be motivated to do these exercises if I don't have a team?:huh:

OK, I'll just assume people forgot.