New to MFP Community...looking for friends

Options
dymin327
dymin327 Posts: 11 Member
Hmmm, tried this about a week ago but didn't receive any replies. Maybe I did it wrong?? Trying again.

Used MFP a couple years ago, but never used the community boards. MFP was a great help to me then, but I didn't maintain the weight loss and now have to start over.

My story...I'm 51, 5'4" and need to lose about 35-40 pounds. Work full-time & full-time college student. Kids are grown and gone, so it's just me. My classes end this week, so I'm hoping to spend some time getting healthy...probably for the first time in my life. Can't remember the last time I felt good.

I've been reading a lot about C25K and planning to start that next week, too. I could really use some inspiration, support, some friends! And I'm more than happy to support in return.

Replies

• jon40084
    jon40084 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on here for a few weeks now - feel free to add me - this is a great place for support and motivation.
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hey you - same height with about the same to lose ...

We could all do with some support, please feel free to add me if you like xx
  • karavanderkooy
    karavanderkooy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me as a friend!
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    When I joined MFP 4 month ago, I post an ( Introduce Yourself ) post, 4 day ago I reached my goal and set a new goal, and up to now I didn't get any reply on my post. BUT within that time I won a great group of friends they was really great supporter.

FR sent to you.
  • raagrath
    raagrath Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi i am of same height but need to lose more than 50 pounds. i am new to MFP ,so add me as well
  • Crystal_LeeDee
    Options
    Hello!
    I've lost 20 lbs so far with mfp & a great group of friends on here. 20 more lbs to go. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Por2gueseMama
    Por2gueseMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Ive done C25K and its great I can jog most of the 5k its great and its an awesome burn.
    Add me if you would like :D
    -Angela
  • holly1007
    holly1007 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :)
  • sgreg2090
    sgreg2090 Posts: 14
    Options
    i have been on for a while but I am looking for some more motivation. Feel free to add mel.

5'4" 167lbs 38 years old (almost - b-day is next month)
    want to lose about 25-30 lbs.
    mom to 2 boys (9 & 5)

My struggle has been the weight. I feel & look better. My clothes (especially my pants) are not as tight & uncomfortable any more but the scale is not going down. I know it will come & that I just have to keep going. It just gets hard sometimes.

:flowerforyou:
  • TinaTurtlez
    TinaTurtlez Posts: 86
    Options
    Hi there!! I am a newbie too. I just started 2 weeks ago, but started message boards yesterday. Please feel free to add me as well! The more motivators the better! So far being on this site, it's awesome and the people are very welcoming and FANTASTIC support. :-D
  • Ashley10268
    Ashley10268 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started on here, too! I've had this account for a while but never really kept up on it, some support would be great! It's nice knowing other people are going through the same things as you are, makes it easier!
  • lika_ulm
    lika_ulm Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey!!! Welcome back!!! I have had this acct for a few months but never really used till now :) Everyone feel free to add me :D Any and all encouragements are welcome!!!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Request sent :) Anyone is free to add me, looking for any and all support in our journey here
  • dymin327
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal! Giving and receiving support is a key to this journey. Thanks for your kind words.
  • dymin327
    Options
    i have been on for a while but I am looking for some more motivation. Feel free to add mel.

5'4" 167lbs 38 years old (almost - b-day is next month)
    want to lose about 25-30 lbs.
    mom to 2 boys (9 & 5)

My struggle has been the weight. I feel & look better. My clothes (especially my pants) are not as tight & uncomfortable any more but the scale is not going down. I know it will come & that I just have to keep going. It just gets hard sometimes.

:flowerforyou:

I have 2 boys, too (I call them man-boys now)! Age is on your side. Doing this now is the best thing you can do for you and your family....especially keeping up with those boys. Just take it one day at a time and remember to do something for yourself. That can be tough to do having kids that age....I remember well. =)
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Anyone who is active is also free to add me. The more support the better.
  • dymin327
    Options
    Hey you - same height with about the same to lose ...

We could all do with some support, please feel free to add me if you like xx

Ahhh, so we have something in common. Let's hope the next thing in common is losing this weight!! Thanks for adding me.
  • dymin327
    Options
    Welcome back. Ive done C25K and its great I can jog most of the 5k its great and its an awesome burn.
    Add me if you would like :D
    -Angela

Yea! Someone who has done the C25K!! I've been reading a lot of testimonials...everyone seems so psyched about it, gets me excited. I'm very nervous to start because I have a pain syndrome that stops me from most things in life and I soooo don't want this to be another failure. Starting this weekend. Wish me luck!
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. Hope you are doing well and getting the support you need.
  • beeker521
    beeker521 Posts: 2
    Options
    Just started this... my sister introduced me to it. I'm 20 and am 5'6. I need to lost about 40lbs. Feel free to add me :smile: