Looking for a new workout

Options
My wife and I have been doing 30 Day Shred for about a month and a half pretty consistently. We have both lost weight and inches. We like that the workout is short (about 25 min with warmup and cool down) and that there are no breaks between sets, so it is pretty non-stop. Sometimes we do just one of the workouts, sometimes two at a time, skipping the cooldown from the first and the warmup from the second so the total time is only about 45 min. We are now sort of getting bored with the videos and are looking for something new. I have previously tried P90X but every workout is long, except for the ab workout, so you can't do it if you only have a short amount of time that day. I have taken a look at Chalean extreme because the workout isn't as long but honestly who in the world is in charge of Chalean's wardrobe/costumes/workout clothes. I would like the workout, but what she wears and how much makeup she has on is very distracting to me. Any suggestions for a short workout that you can maybe stack, and that works different muscle groups on different days so that you aren't working everything every day and that really gets results? Yes I know I might be asking for the ultimate workout, but is there anything like this?

Replies

• ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Hey there,
    It is hard to find a good program for you. You seem to be looking at beach body products (P90X, ChaLEAN Extreme) and if you look on their products page..they do have a comparison chart..so you that is a great tool to guide you in what is best..I've tried a lot of their products and like them a lot.
    I think it's great you realize that P90X is not for you...it is a great workout..but I too don't have the time to commit to it..so I just work it in at times.
    As far as ChaLEAN goes...the girl in the back is her sister and is who motivates me on there..she has a family and still looks great! I really like this workout and the time is very manageable.
    If that doesn't interest you, but you like the trainer from P90X (Tony Horton)..he has other programs that are shorter but still have great intensity. There is Power 90, One on One with Tony Horton, and 10 Minute trainer. I have done some of Power 90..and it's great and is timewise too. I think they are having specials on some of his products right now too.
    The best thing to do is find a good coach. I am one and would gladly help..but I don't like to help people and send them info unless they want me to..I am not a pushy person! Overall I say just find a good one...and if you want me to be it that's great..if not..I just want you to get a great program and coach (coach's are free by the way!).
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Maybe try yoga or pilates??
  • InTheMoney
    InTheMoney Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Tony's 10 minute Trainers would sound like they would fit your request.
    Here's a link-
    https://extranet.securefreedom.com/MillionDollarBody/csShopping/ShoppingCart_Detail.asp?PriceID=38452&Cat=VIDEO|TONY HORTON&Qty=1
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    What kind of exercise is good for inner thighs? I don't have the time or money to go to a gym. Any suggestions?
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Yes lots! You can do sumo or plei squats..which are when you open your legs wider and point your toes outward. Be sure to contract your glutes and inner thigh as you go down...if you have weights or anything of the like that will help with intensity.
    Another good one is side lunges..instead of going front or back lunge off to side or at an angle.
    You can also lay on your side (let's say left in this case). Your top leg (which would be your right) will stsay down..your bottom leg (which would be your left) lifts upward..you will want to put your heel higher..so that works the inner thigh.
    You can google it online too and it will give you pics on how to do these. The first two I mentioned are most effective!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You guys could check out the free workout videos at exercisetv.tv and sparkpeople.com - you could easily stack them. :smile:
  • sassycat
    Options
    Yes lots! You can do sumo or plei squats..which are when you open your legs wider and point your toes outward. Be sure to contract your glutes and inner thigh as you go down...if you have weights or anything of the like that will help with intensity.
    Another good one is side lunges..instead of going front or back lunge off to side or at an angle.
    You can also lay on your side (let's say left in this case). Your top leg (which would be your right) will stsay down..your bottom leg (which would be your left) lifts upward..you will want to put your heel higher..so that works the inner thigh.
    You can google it online too and it will give you pics on how to do these. The first two I mentioned are most effective!

I never heard of sumo or plei squats. I will google it. Thank you. I need help losing inches around butt, thighs, & hips---more than losing weight per se. According the experts (medial) I am not overweight, I just need to get in shape and tighten up. :wink:
  • sassycat
    Options
    You guys could check out the free workout videos at exercisetv.tv and sparkpeople.com - you could easily stack them. :smile:

Thank you. I will check these websites out. I am for anything to motivate me. :smile:
  • sassycat
    Options
    I hear a lot of people talking about the 30-day shred. I just ordered it from Amazon. I can't wait to check it out. I am planning on starting this in August. Wish me luck!
  • stjohngirl
    Options
    Sassycat:

I have been doing 30 day shred on and off and mixing it up with some other Jillian Michaels DVD's, like Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (killer), No More Trouble Zones (killer). I like the 30 day shred because it is shorter and you feel that you can get through it even though it's hard. If you have cable and get Video On Demand you can get these at no charge (I don't know what the name of this would be in your area).

How old is your labby? I have a one year old (he's a devil, but I love him anyway).