i have a question

Options
13»

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    heres the thing if i just put my thing to active then i will not log anything and also i am losing lots of weight from it aned its noticable

There you go. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yea I agree with her. :)
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I have a BMF (tells me how many calories I burn). I can burn MORE calories on a weekend when I'm home with my children and cleaning all day than I do on a normal work day that includes a gym visit.

Me too. I burn 400 - 600 calories MORE on days that I am home with my munchkin cleaning, laundry, etc. If you're seeing results as it is right now, then keep on doing what you are doing!
  • MarissaCB39
    MarissaCB39 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had similar issues with finding time to workout (or so that's what I told myself) but once I cut out 30 minutes I realized it's not that difficult. To give you some background I work 8 hours a day, I'm out of the house 11 hours of the day I have a 6 year old and a 6 month old. Buy DVD's and workout in your living room, or ask your 4 year old to go for a walk with you.
    I'm new to losing weight but believe me, once you get started it's addicting.
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Your health is so very important for your well being and your kids. Something that helped me was scheduling EVERYTHING. I scheduled for an hour a day, 6 days a week for exercise... it kept me sane. I scheduled for free time for myself and my husband, separately at least once a week and also for us together (without kids) for a few hours (3) for love at least once a week. Parenting is the toughest job I have ever known. If you have a barter bank in your town (check it on fb) you may be able to barter childcare. Trade play dates to cover you for free time with another mom you trust. I wish you the best.
  • alapoint89
    alapoint89 Posts: 632
    Options
    my husband works all night leaves at 230 gets home at midnight thirty and most of the time hes home its always movies or computer
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids, 16 months apart so if anyone understands, I do. My daughter is 29 months and my son is almost 13 months. Even doing a little something is better than nothing. I dont have much time to go to a gym either. I can at night but after taking care of 2 babies all day, cleaning and cooking, to be honest i just would rather relax with my family. But we go outside a lot. I take the kids to the park, run around after them. Or if its raining we go to chuck e cheese and i'll tell you, chasing 2 toddlers is a great workout. The day that we stay home, we have a "dance party", the music is blasting and we dance and run around. I use my 25 lb 13 year old or my 29 lb 2 year old as weights. You do what you gotta do. And they find it fun so its a win win situation.

And your 10 month old should definitley be taking naps still!
  • alapoint89
    alapoint89 Posts: 632
    Options
    I have 2 kids, 16 months apart so if anyone understands, I do. My daughter is 29 months and my son is almost 13 months. Even doing a little something is better than nothing. I dont have much time to go to a gym either. I can at night but after taking care of 2 babies all day, cleaning and cooking, to be honest i just would rather relax with my family. But we go outside a lot. I take the kids to the park, run around after them. Or if its raining we go to chuck e cheese and i'll tell you, chasing 2 toddlers is a great workout. The day that we stay home, we have a "dance party", the music is blasting and we dance and run around. I use my 25 lb 13 year old or my 29 lb 2 year old as weights. You do what you gotta do. And they find it fun so its a win win situation.

And your 10 month old should definitley be taking naps still!
    oh yes i do that but those to hate it when i show one more attention then the other lol.... i take my oldest outside to do what he wants to and he wears me out... but i have to still do all the house chores loll which is why i never have time to sit

the 10 month old HATES naps
  • jendavis19
    jendavis19 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    can i use my chores as working out because at this point in time i cant afford the time to go and work out.... i have a mommy loving baby and a 4 year old and a house to clean and yes i do put a challenge to the things that i do?

this is how my day is... i clean and take care of the kids and by the time i sit down its almost midnight and i wish that i was joking but that is how it is when you have young ones

I am a busy mom as well, work full time....we all have busy schedules. What it really comes down to is what's important to you? The suggestions that people have offered, you've turned them all down.
    If it's worth it - you'll find a way. If it's not - you'll find an excuse.
    There's only sooo much cleaning that needs to be done, and kids nap/rest at some point in the day...... It's okay to take some time out for YOU - everyone will benefit from it in the end. :)
    Good luck to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!