Starving at night... and sabotaging myself.

Options
2»

Replies

• alipeck
    alipeck Posts: 3
    Options
    Get the "zone" diet book. Not even a diet, just helps get the right amount of fat, protein, and carbs in every meal/snack. You need more protein. Sounds gross till you try it, but put 1/2 c cottage cheese in your oatmeal, 1 or 2 tablespoons protein powder, vanilla extract, or I love almond too, 1-2 tblsp slivered almonds or walnuts, 1/2 c grapes makes every bite taste like a it's got a sugar cube in it, and a little cinnamon. Use any fruit if you want, pears are yummy, kiwi, bananas, etc.

At night, I always crave something sweet. A glass of ice water with some cream or milk added with a little vanilla extract fixes my sweet tooth and tastes a bit like "ice milk" ice cream.

Add tons of hard boiled eggs to your diet, but don't use most of the yolks. (I use 1 yolk + 2 whites most times) great protein and cheap. Also, make mini quiches in muffin tins, refrigerate for a few days and every morning you can toss 2 of them in the microwave.
  • Britney0788
    Options
    You can probably afford to eat a little more. its seems like you working during the day, which is what I do also. and this is pretty much how i eat and it seems to work out well

brkfast 8 am - usually almost always Oatmeal - ( I eat Quaker Fruit & Cream Kind, 2 packages) - 260 cals
    lunch 12:00 - 400 cals
    snack at around 4 - protien shake or maybe yougut/nuts/popcorn - 200-300

I get off around 5 and head right to the gym because after a snack like that, Im not hunrgy...

5-7:30 gym

7:30 - 8 dinner somewhere around 400-500 cals

I usually end up with a deficet and I feel like it's because I eat that good snack before the gym and burn a good amt of cals at the gym and when im done at the gym and showering im hungry but not starving, eat a small dinner and im good

DONT for get that the amt of cals this website gives you, is what you need to eat to reach your goal. the more you workout, THE MORE YOU CAN AND SHOULD EAT! don't ever let yourself go hungry, thats your bodys way of telling you it needs it! also, dont eat if aren't hungy. try and new eating schedule and see if that works! (: hope this helps
  • EAlexandraB
    EAlexandraB Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Like other posters, I've found having more protein has helped me feel less RAVENOUS, particularly late in the day. I use BSN Syntha-6 protein powder (Chocolate Milkshake flavour), which is pretty delicious and shakes well into milk.

Also, have you considered switching your post-work "dinner" and your later dinner around? Perhaps have some fruit or veggies and eggs/string cheese or protein shake when you get home from work to take the edge off your hunger, then your more substantial dinner later on? Something high-protein and high-fibre (like chicken/fish with brown rice and TONS of steamed veggies) around 8, when you're hungry, with a lighter meal when you get home from work?

I was having the same problem - I would get home around 5 and want dinner, but I'm a night owl, and would inevitably be hungry again before bedtime. I started having hard-boiled egg whites and some instant oatmeal when I got home, and had a later (9pm) "real" dinner, and stopped over-eating late in the day. :)