Killed by Personal Trainer

Options
2»

Replies

• samanthastewart
    samanthastewart Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Also my trainer is against streching before working out (I dont know why I gave up asking) But I found that when I strech it HELPS SO MUCH! I was told by ANOTHER trainer to strech... so who knows /shrug

Stretching before you workout is frowned upon because it is bad to stretch "cold" muscles. The best thing I've practiced/have been told is to do a 5-10 minute warmup and then stretch.. then perform your workout and follow that with another stretching session.
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    normal. :) don't worry, you'll learn to love it. and miss it when it's not as frequent any more... !
  • roodledoodle
    roodledoodle Posts: 183
    Options
    I feel the exact same way after I workout with my trainer. Your cooldown is good but make sure you stretch really well and stretch throughout the next few days following the workout. Also, look into buying a "Foam Roller". It's not expensive and is an excellent tool for working out the lactic acid buildup you will get and just help loosen up tight muscles all together. It's my saving grace for sure and can be used on pretty much any body part/muscle group.

Completely agree with this!!! Those foam rollers are amazing for recovery :smile:
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    I had that in the begining whe I started to work with a trainer, usually you are discovering muscles you forgot you had. :noway: After awhile the soreness will get better, are you working out the next day? I found even as sore as I could get, going for a walk or using an elliptical helped a ton, yes very painful at first, but then when the muscles warm up it feels great!

This^^^^^^^
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    I feel the exact same way after I workout with my trainer. Your cooldown is good but make sure you stretch really well and stretch throughout the next few days following the workout. Also, look into buying a "Foam Roller". It's not expensive and is an excellent tool for working out the lactic acid buildup you will get and just help loosen up tight muscles all together. It's my saving grace for sure and can be used on pretty much any body part/muscle group.

Completely agree with this!!! Those foam rollers are amazing for recovery :smile:

will need to get myself one of these lol
  • perham07
    perham07 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your info. I figured it was normal, just needed some reassurement I guess.