Turbo Jammers 6/29-7/5

Options
Welcome to a new week Jammers!!!

Let's start of the week with a discussion topic...What are your "mini goals" this week? Mine is to follow Chalene's advice and eat more small meals. I'm going to try to eat every 3 hours all week and see if I can make it a habit. I have a bad habit of forgetting to eat all day, then snacking in the evening.

Let's have a great week everyone!
:heart:

Replies

• megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    BTW, I'm checking in with Lean 2 and 60 min walk/run...which is becoming more running than walking...WOO HOO! :drinker:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I just weighed in at 139 this morning so my first mini goal is to stay out of the 140's! I would also like to get in some barre work every day this week and increase my tolerance for plies (can't quite get them all without my arms drooping or legs shaking).
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Hey girls!
    Great idea on mini goals:) My main goal this week is to learn balance in my life...as I work full time and am also a fitness coach. When you don't have balance, it's hard to sleep and makes me get frustrated..which in turn I think makes me irritable and not enjoy life as much! Plus I think stress makes me snack more!
    I am also working to maintain my weight!
    I did turbo jam this am, some core over lunch, and a little P90X yoga tonight. Off day from ChaLEAN!
    Have a great day all!
    Casey
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    I went for Ab Jam with The Bar Method FF this afternoon. Now there's an ab attack, ouch!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Hey all!
    I've had some tough workouts...I did a 45 min run yesterday am (BEAUTIFUL morning!)..then did some coaching last night..and went home for some ChaLEAN Burn 2. Then this am did some ChaLEAN burn intervals..yeah def felt that burn!
    You guys are all doing great..what's everyone up to this week?
    Casey
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Checking in with Lean 3 and a run planned for later.

Ghanie, great job on the ab work! :drinker:

Casey, I love Burn Intervals (did that yesterday). My legs feel like rubber afterwards! I just ordered the supplimental DVD with the additional cardio and ab workouts. (Lean Intervals, I've Got Abs, etc...). Do you have that one? I can't wait to try it. This Lean circuit is really a killer, so I think these workouts will be too.

Has anyone tried the Turbo Kick Fan DVDs? I just ordered volume 1 yesterday, and volume 2 is coming out soon. It's supposed to be similar to Turbo Jam, but longer (60 mins) and more intense I think. I'll let you know how it goes. :smile:

Have a great day everyone!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Hey girls!
    Ghanie-yes I agree great job on abs..I am doing mine after work (join me on team beach body WOWY guys!).
    Megan-I haven't gotten the supplemental DVD yet as I just got this and a bunch of other new workout stuff..but can't wait for feedback! I really like the burn intervals..some of the cardio isn't as challenging..more strength it seems..but a great workout! Works that butt!
    I want to try the turbo kick..just waiting as here again as a new coach I just got a bunch of new stuff..can't wait for some feedback though! I'd like to get turbo kick certified!
    Keep rockin it out everyone!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    I'm not finding any info about Turbo Kick Fan. Where did you get it?

I have Back&Biceps and Ab Ripper X this morning, then The Bar Method this afternoon. These are the final two weeks of P90X; it was my first workout program so I'm excited about finishing.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    You can get on turbokick.com..it is a website for the company that Chalene Johnson (creater of turbo jam and ChaLEAN Extreme) owns. It has the turbo kick info and lots of other stuff..including merchandise..tips from her..etc.
    Great job on finishing P90X! I have it as a coach..but have only done a few workouts as I am running, turbo jam, and ChaLEAN. Do you log things into team beach body?
    Have a Happy and Healthy Day!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody!
    Checking in - it's been really, really busy but i've been getting my w/o in and logging my food! I am committed to doing 4mi every day - that's my mini goal and so far i'm 3 for 3...yea! Still getting at least 20 min of tj in b4 work. I did miss this morning, though, DH and I stayed up late last night and I just couldn't drag it out of the bed:heart:
    Ghanie - glad to hear yu've completed p90x! WTG:drinker: That's quite an accomplishment - I am waiting for the day when I can be in the 150's on a regular basis... I know it will come!

Megan and Ccfett - I too am going to get the Turbo kick. I also want to try the Plyo (?)forgive my spelling but you know what I mean! They seem like they will be a good addition. First i'm going to invest in some more supportive footwear - my tootsies and calfs ache a bit:laugh: First things first.

Miss you all much and I think of you all often:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Have a great evening,
    Janet:heart:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Oh I'm not done with P90X yet, hehe. Official graduation is 11 days away!

I am on wowy, though I don't do much with it. I'm only on there long enough to log in my workouts ... it seems to prevent me from stalling. I can't seem to figure out how to get my profile 100% complete; it says 90% but it wont tell me what I still have to do.

Plyo would be great to add on. I'll be taking a good month off of Tony Horton (starting July 12th) but then I'll be adding Plyo and Interval X back into my weeks.

I've always done plyo barefoot though; I do all my workouts barefoot actually.
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good morning all!
    I did a run this am....beautiful morning! I will do ChaLEAN Extreme tonight! I like that she encourages heavier weights..I do push myself but sometimes I think I need to back off a bit to make sure I keep form! Be sure to join me on facebook too...you guys are awesome! Megan..it's great to see you on there!

Janet: Good for you on running..I LOVE running..do you enjoy it? It is sometimes better to get some sleep...but good job on getting up..isn't turbo jam a great way to start a day?:) I have only been doing it one or two times a week since I do run and do ChaLEAN..but enjoy it all the much more! Let me know what you guys think of turbo kick and PiYo...I will get those eventually!!! I just love Chalene and her sister Janelle...

Ghanie: Well you are almost there..we'll be rooting for you to get there! As far as WOWY and team beach body..it takes time to get used to it. The profile doesn't have to be 100%...they just like you to use all the tools! Add me as a fitness buddy (ccfett) that way if we are working out at the same time we can "see" one another...it's motivating as I am like hey I know them and they are working out now too!

Have a happy and healthy day!!!
    Casey
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Ok, I added you Casey.

What's PiYo? I thought she meant plyo as in Plyometrics, hehe. My bad.

Cardio Party 2 for the first time today. I was surprised I didn't get confused until the cooldown, hehe. I'll have to modify that one because my livingroom isn't wide enough for all those side steps. Anyway, time for breakfast.

I think this will be my last day on doubles while I finish up P90X (though I might latch an Ab Jam to the end of the more mild workouts like Yoga and Kenpo). I'll keep checking in with those final workouts though ... 10 days left!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Hey Casey, I actually saw you on wowy! That's crazy, I never see anyone I know on there, hehe.
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Checking in with Lean 3 today...I got the Lean Intervals DVD today too and hubby and I tried it after Lean 3. I love it! It's really rough after the weight training, not something I'll do all the time, I was just so excited. I really felt great because DH pooped out after 15 mins, and made it all the way through! :laugh:

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July Weekend!!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Hello friends!
    I did my morning with CE Burn It Off and then did some treadmill sprints..yikes it was tough! Then I just did CE Recharge and BL Yoga...done for the day!!
    Ghanie-I saw you too! That's why I like to add friends on there so when I work out I can be like hey someone I know is working out too! I sometimes do workout invites so I stay accountable and gettr done too...good to see ya! You are a P90X rockstar! And PiYo is like pilates and yoga I think...haven't done it myself but want to...gotta wait til I get all my new stuff paid for!
    Megan: Way to kick your hubbies butt! My better half had to work today (I did NOT!)..so of all days for him to decide to get up early and work out..he picks today! But I was proud of him..he even was quiet and tucked me back in so I would stay asleep..good man! You should join Ghanie and I in team beach body so we can work out with you virtually....you win prizes too for logging them in!
    Have a great weekend ladies!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    And PiYo is like pilates and yoga I think...haven't done it myself but want to...gotta wait til I get all my new stuff paid for!

Ah, I think I have enough yoga and pilates through Rodney Yee and ballet conditioning. I also just got the Shaolin Warrior Workout videos that I want to learn one of these days (but not before a good month of stance training).

No doubles for today; just Legs & Back with Ab Ripper X (the last strength training workout for P90X; 9 days left ...).
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Ab Jam today. Happy 4th!