30 Day Shred - How Intense?

Options
Hello All,

I just ordered the 30 day shred DVD for me and my fiance to do together to try and motivate her a little bit as she hates using exercise machines but I keep seeing all the reviews for it talking about how intense it is.

Is it really like ridiculously energetic or are these reviews just being a little dramatic? Just the only reason I ask is that she has a heart condition, nothing major just a minor defect she was born with and has since been repaired. I just don't want to encourage her to do something that could hurt her. Anyone here have a heart condition and uses it fine?

Thanks

Replies

• mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    she would need to be seen by her doctor and be given the ok to do the exercise program. the doctor should either have heard of it, or could google it to confirm if its suitable or not.
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    She should ask a doctor about it first, even Jillian recommends seeing a doctor before starting an exercise regimen.

I don't have a heart condition but 30 Day Shred is a very intense circuit training type of workout that really gets the heart going. I'm usually covered in sweat by the time I'm done and my heart rate gets up to 160.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    it kills me! i had to stop it 15 minutes in the first 3 times i did it! I have done it for three days and then i stop.......im apparently a commitment-phobic lol
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely get her to see her doctor first. The first section can actually be found on youtube so the doctor can have a look at it first hand to determine whether it's suitable for your fiancee.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Is it really like ridiculously energetic

It is not but better to be safe than sorry :wink: