Contraception - weight loss or weight gain?

Options
2»

Replies

• kabbit42
    kabbit42 Posts: 85
    Options
    I think every type of pill is different for every woman. I have a friend (who I envy with the fire of a thousand suns) who went on the patch and lost 10 pounds like that. I had no problems with Yaz, switched to the generic version due to insurance (boo) and gained 20 pounds in 6 months. You really just have to talk to your doctor and find the type that works best with your body.

Tbh, the pill makes my life so much easier that I don't mind the potential extra weight. Light, predictable periods with no cramps? Yes please. And it does amazing things for my skin.
  • cydonian
    cydonian Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I started birth control at 15 for medical reasons (I didn't have a period for 4 months and I had never had sex), looking back on it I was underweight when I started it so that may have been why I was skipping periods. I was about 95-100lbs at the time, I am now around 135lbs. I've switched between birth controls for a few years but I've found that Orthocept is the best for me. I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen and that's when the majority of my weight gain happened, but since being on Orthocept I haven't really gained.