fasted am cardio and taking BCAA and optimum fat burning?

Options
Dave198lbs
Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
I found this on the internet-

"There is a reason that morning cardio in your fasted state from the night is so effective. It is becasue your blood glucose levels have good down so has your insulin. In fact you are in a insulin deficit upon waking and why that is when lab glucose readings are taken to check for type II..

It well known that fat burning does not happen in the presence of insulin. We also understand that glucose causes the its release into the blood stream. Once that happens fat burning or more specifically released of fatty acids from our bodies into the blood stream to be used as fuel is stopped. As far as how sensitive our panaceas is to glucose in our blood. Only 2 mg of carbs per 100ml is enough for the panceas to release insulin. "

anyone taking just BCAA in fasted state for am cardio?

http://www.afboard.com/forum/showthread.php?42006-Why-even-BCAA-before-fasted-morning-cardio-is-a-bad-idea

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Options
    no?
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    should be retitled "is this cheating with the poster above's you wife?
  • jojogoslow
    jojogoslow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too, I do my cardio very early in the morning, fasted from the night before, and take BCAA with electrolyte. I'm learning more about intermittent fasting though, so am doing this with an eye to eventually taking that AM fast through to noon or so.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I found this on the internet-

"There is a reason that morning cardio in your fasted state from the night is so effective. It is becasue your blood glucose levels have good down so has your insulin. In fact you are in a insulin deficit upon waking and why that is when lab glucose readings are taken to check for type II..

It well known that fat burning does not happen in the presence of insulin. We also understand that glucose causes the its release into the blood stream. Once that happens fat burning or more specifically released of fatty acids from our bodies into the blood stream to be used as fuel is stopped. As far as how sensitive our panaceas is to glucose in our blood. Only 2 mg of carbs per 100ml is enough for the panceas to release insulin. "

anyone taking just BCAA in fasted state for am cardio?

http://www.afboard.com/forum/showthread.php?42006-Why-even-BCAA-before-fasted-morning-cardio-is-a-bad-idea

It is the reason Lyle McDonald advises against taking BCAAs for fasted cardio , I think in his stubborn fat loss solution book. Plus if you're using something yohimbine, insulin will negate it's effects, if I recall correctly
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    its a solid idea but the cardio should be low intensity like walking for 15-20 min. Dont kill yourself.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I do fasted morning cardio and have read about its benefits. I don't feel like messing with BCAAs so just have coffee. I have read more about and am more interested in BCAAs for fasted strength training. The theory is interesting, but I do wonder how much measurable difference any of that stuff makes to an average person just out for a morning run. I suppose you could try both, keep other variables constant, and see what happens.
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    bump to keep an eye on it...

I am doing 16/8 LeanGains eating and I exercise in a fasted state about 10-12 hours into my fasting and then I break fast within a few hours of exercise.

I am still in a deficit for the next two weeks and then switching to muscle gaining. I have done some research and talked to others about it and I plan to take BCAA during my fasted workouts.

Im interested to see what others say.
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302
    Options
    bump
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    read several articles, nothing seems concrete either way but there is evidence even a small dose of BCAA can get an insulin response which would seem to negate the alledged benefit of fasted cardio. seems best bet to take bcaa for a fasted weight workout rather than cardio. but that kicks in the muscle loss factor....ahhh...maybe I am just over thinking all this but these last few fat pounds or BF percentage points have me reaching for an optimal regimen.