What Nutrients do you Track?

Options
2»

Replies

• futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Calcium and Vit A. Seems silly, but for some reason my diet is always extremely low in these and I tryyyy to boost them, however, I hate eating a whole grapefruit every day. I think I'm just giving up and getting some flinstone vitamins.
  • Chadwick891
    Chadwick891 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Even when I'm finished losing weight I'll keep using MFP just because it's absolutely invaluable for making sure I get all the minerals I need.

That's good. :) I still use MFP and so does my friend Shane on this site, who has lost quite a fair amount of weight :)

It's just really convenient to use such a remarkable website. I really think they've outdone themselves with having a free website, benefit people so much!
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to track iron, but a lot of items don't have the iron content listed, so it's hard to get an accurate picture of my iron intake.
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Carbs, Fat, Protein, Sodium, Fiber.....

I wish it had room to track everything...
  • OccupyFitness
    OccupyFitness Posts: 147
    Options
    I am currently tracking my sugar and trying to keep to about 30g a day.

I struggle to get my amounts properly managed each day (carb/fat/pro). Does anyone get all their amounts properly allocated? I need to find better solutions.

I plan on tracking more as time goes on. I'd like to learn more about my nutritional balance.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sugar, saturated fat, protein, sodium, potassium.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I watch also watch fiber, and calcium. :) Very important!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Companies are not required to list potassium on the labels -- I see a lot of people say they track that and they are always low --- but you're probably not as low as you think. You can't really go by most labels or database entries since they may not be accurate as far as potassium.

I track protein, carb, fat, sugar, sodium.

I think default MFP settings are way off so I changed mine to 40% protein, 30% carb, 30% fat and lowered sodium to 2000 -- working to get it under 1500 eventually.

I dont worry about calcium/iron/d/a etc since I take all of those in supplements and know I get more than enough.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Companies are not required to list potassium on the labels -- I see a lot of people say they track that and they are always low --- but you're probably not as low as you think. You can't really go by most labels or database entries since they may not be accurate as far as potassium.

I actually was quite low, because I wasn't eating enough veggies/fruits.

Tracking potassium and fiber has actually significantly improved my consumption of veggies :D