How much weight did you lose in your first month?

Options
lcashy
lcashy Posts: 34 Member
Hiya everyone. Just intrigued as to how much everyone lost in their first month of MFP? I started on monday of this week and so far so good. I am really enjoying it. The thing is I have a night out coming up in 6 weeks and I am hoping to buy a new dress a size down to what I am wearing now. What are my chances? Give me some inspiration :)

Leanne

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I lost a good deal of my weight before I joined MFP, but I saw little to no weight loss in the first month. Then it started falling off quickly.

Whether you lose a dress size in 6 weeks will depend a lot on how much you have to lose I think.
  • lcashy
    Options
    all in all about 20kg I wish to lose but my first target is 8kg. Wanna be realistic with my targets lol xx
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I lost about 7lbs my first month. I am just now entering my second month.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    i didn't have a lot to lose (25 lb total) and i think i lost about 8 lb my first month. i lost 5 right away because i was doing this wrong and then the other 3 came off gradually that month
  • PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I lost about 7lbs in my first month but that was more down to a huge fitness kick I was doing.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    In the first four weeks, I lost 12 lbs.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    4 lbs. :)
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I lost 11.4 in the first month, have lost an average of 10 lbs a month, but got a lot of fat to work with! :wink:
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I think you have a great chance at going down a size. I am 4 pounds down in the last 2 weeks and I'm hoping for another 4-6 in the next 2 weeks and my diet has been far from perfect. I think if you excercise, eat healthy and eat your excercise calories that you could lose a dress size in 6 weeks for sure.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    just started but i'm going for 5 lbs

last time i was cutting weight i lost about 6 the first month
  • eryka86
    eryka86 Posts: 80
    Options
    I lost 5lbs my first month with MFP
  • Denise6914
    Denise6914 Posts: 176
    Options
    7 pounds.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    i lost 15llb in a month...but this was on my own diet, since starting MFP ive got back on track and lost another 5lb in two week, but ive lost more inches than weight.
  • cmikebryant
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds but...I also started a running and workout routine. I do muscle fitness workouts Monday Wednesday and Friday and I run 3 to 4 miles on Tuesday Thursday and Saturday. Just changing your diet helps but you need to be doing cardio and muscle work to increase your metabolism. Once I removed all the terrible foods from my diet and began cario and muscle then not only do the pounds come off but it is also toning the body as well.
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    1st month 29 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs, 3rd month 19 lbs, 4th month 15.2 lbs.
  • lcashy
    Options
    I would LOVE to drop a dress size by my friends 30th birthday night out. So far I am really enjoying the programme. I have also started back at the gym last friday and I have an English Springer Spaniel who I walk daily. So I am getting lots of exercise. I am excited about fitting in to all my clothes comfortably again. I have tried slimming world and weight watchers in the past and everytime I lose the weight and then leave I pile it back on again. This plan seems more realistic to me and appears to be more educational than faddy.

Its a lifestyle change I guess and I am learning new things every day :) xx
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Without MFP for the first couple weeks this year: -3lbs
    With MFP and eating better: -5 lbs!

:bigsmile:
  • lcashy
    Options
    1st month 29 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs, 3rd month 19 lbs, 4th month 15.2 lbs.

what????????? wowser, that would be 2 dress sizes gone I am sure in one month. Well done you xx
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    In my first month I lost about 4lbs... 1lbs per week. That has been my average since too. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • caitlinmcauley
    Options
    today was my 25th day of logging in, so in just under a month ive lost 9 pounds. hoping to make it 12 by the 30th day :)