The Partial Shave

Options

Replies

• Sazzleeee
    Sazzleeee Posts: 11
    Options
    I had it last year - took FOREVER to grow out. You either have to cut the rest of your hair just as short or deal with a weird shorter patch for months and months. I think it looks really good but you do have to think about it before you do it!
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Try it if you don't like it wear a hat ;)
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    might look a bit dodgy if you'v got fine hair? i like a girls hair to look feminine but each to their own, i do however like the look of a totally shaved hair or pixie if you'v got the features to pull it off, it gives character - i know - i'v contradicted myself lol :wink:
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just shaved my head about a month ago for St. Baldrick's Foundation - Benefits childhood cancer research. It's been tough. I thought I had the courage and guts to pull off the look, but I feel like I've lost some of my femininity.

I guess my advice is be totally sure you want to do it, because although it grows back, it definitely is not a quick process... Kinda like weight loss.

Good luck!!!!

Michelle

PS - Feel free to add me, I'm always looking for new buddies.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've only seen about 2 women pull it off successfully (Cassie was not one of them from the 2nd photo)

I agree with one of the other posters, it looks horrible when you try to grow it back... the girls I know who had it either kept the style for more than a month or 2 OR they just shaved all of it off.

It's your call, but just figured I'd throw my two cents in! :drinker:
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    nearly certain to be considered a fashion mistake as you view old pics of yourself 15 years from now.

however, you can be comforted by the fact that nothing you do to your hair will ever be as tragically awful as the mullet and mustache combo i had as an early teenager.

so if you really want it, give it a shot. hair grows back.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I like this if done well. There's a cooking show host named Nadia G that had a partial shave done in a way where you couldn't tell sometimes depending on how she styled her hair. It was cool, because she could show it off if she wanted, but it was also easy for her to hide it. I thought it looked great.
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    I like the first one myself. Since I am on your friends list and I know your personality.. You will ROCK it! Do it!
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Nay!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    nearly certain to be considered a fashion mistake as you view old pics of yourself 15 years from now.

however, you can be comforted by the fact that nothing you do to your hair will ever be as tragically awful as the mullet and mustache combo i had as an early teenager.

so if you really want it, give it a shot. hair grows back.

Bahaha, that is awesome! I have some horrible photos from my early teens that I'm just like, "Why the f*** did I do that?" But it was in at the time, so I no longer care.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I like this if done well. There's a cooking show host named Nadia G that had a partial shave done in a way where you couldn't tell sometimes depending on how she styled her hair. It was cool, because she could show it off if she wanted, but it was also easy for her to hide it. I thought it looked great.

Just Googled her, and yep. She just changes her part.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    What do you think? Yay or nay?

This I LOVE:
    download.jpg

This is a wee bit too much for me:
    images1.jpg

I actually like it! Got a few friends with this style :)
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't like it. Depending on bone structure, style, personality, etc, some women can pull it off better than others, but I don't think it's a good look on anyone, period.

That said, it's just hair, it grows back. More importantly, it's YOUR hair. So if you're really into it, I'd still say go for it. :)
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Looks like you just had a frontal lobe lobotomy.
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Looks like you just had a frontal lobe lobotomy.

ROFL!!!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    When I first read this, I was thinking the hitler, bullseye, or landing strip...or if you're going to shave it, you should go all the way....kinda disappointed *kicks rock* \m/
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm not interested in dating someone who has a hair style like a guy. Length is gorgeous on women. This is my preference, clearly. If you like it, do it.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    Or full shave - think Natalie Portman/Sinead O'Connor (when she was hot).

Any girl who has the balls to shave her head immediately goes up in my eyes.

woohoo love to hear that :)
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yes and no, I liked it, well liked it now it's everywhere. I used to shave the underneath of my hair about a decade ago, with longer hair over, never did the side, wish I had done, wouldn't now as it's everywhere.