Help a Newbie Out

2»

Replies

• linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    So now the question: should you continue eating for the day and hope you don't max out or just scrap the whole day and start over tomorrow. I am still full but I know for dinner I will probably go over some (I'm having fish). What do you do when you "screw up" a meal unintentionally?

Obviously you can't just not eat the rest of the day. I definetly agree with logging everything before you eat it. if you have a plan for the day you are less likely to deviate from it. I know if I've already packed my lunch and defrosted/got together dinner I'm a lot more likely to stick to it. I also reccommend trying to find a lower calorie breakfast and spacing your calories out over the day, that way you're not depriving yourself. I started out using 2,000 calories and I just took the step down to 1800 this past week. So I've been looking at where I can cut calories and still feel fulfilled. For breakfast I usually have cereal with Silk Vanilla Light instead of milk. I was drinking 2% but at 120 cals it was too much. so now with silk that is 80 cals for my breakfast. I have actually made the switch over to using light and lower calorie/fat options, which I thought I would never do! almost 2 months ago I almost returned a tub of sour cream because i accidently picked up light...now it's what I grab for.

To sum it up, just look at alternatives to what you are already doing in order to balance out your calories each day. you'd be surprised where all of your calories are going!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site, if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:

Thank you Momoftwo29! I'm enjoying it so far.:happy:

your welcome and you can call me Laura :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.