lightheaded & dizzy

Options
So I have noticed that the closer I get to my goal weight the harder it is to loose weight. Also, I am lightheaded and dizzy unless I eat something every couple of hours. Does anyone know what is up with that? Instead of eating meals now, I am eating snacks every couple of hours to control the lightheadedness and not go over on my calories. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Replies

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are having a blood sugar roller coaster.

Have you been to the Dr to get checked for Hypo-glycemia or diabetes?

You should also eat protein and carbs together to prevent the blood sugar roller coaster...........

If you are not having blood sugar issues, then it is possible that your blood pressure is too low.

You should really go get checked out by your doctor.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to your doc about your bloodsugars? You could just be sensitive and need to eat snacks instead of three meals a day- which is how we're supposed to eat anyway.

If it's disrupting your life- then it's enough of a problem that you should talk to your doctor.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I just went through this and did go see the doctor. My blood pressure, which is naturally low, was doing crazy things whenever I had sudden movments (like standing up too quickly) and it would make me dizzy.

My doctor actually had me increase my sodium intake. He also said anemia might have come into play and wants me to take iron supplements daily.

I'm now feeling a lot better.
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem for a while. I would get up and every thing would start to go white then clear. I had just had my yearly blood work and my blood pressure is fine. I had it checked multiple times. With me, it just stopped happening on it's own the same way it started. But you should go see your doctor if you haven't had a check up recently.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I agree with the visit your doctor advise. Have your blood pressure checked.

I had these same symtoms. My doctor had given me blood pressure meds when I was heavy. Once I lost I was still taking the meds which were making my blood pressure low.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    i had this too... but you're SUPPOSED to eat something very couple of hours!

Are you eating enough? Now that I'm getting close, I'm eating my exercise calories/ eating several hundred more calories every day... and the dizziness is gone.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    yeah, how many calories are you eating? I have this problem if I don't eat enough. I find 1400 is my absolute minimum....

Don't let trying to get to your goal get in the way of eating enough and eating often enough. As you get closer to your goal weight, it usually takes longer to lose the same amount of weight than it did when you first started out. Accept it and work with you.

To be safe, get to a doctor. But tell him how many calories you eat and exercise everyday. And have you considered opening your food and exercise diary for those knowledgable on this board to review? Someone may be able to help more from that.