A Better Me!

Options
I have always been a big person and throughout my life I have always been blinded by my high self pride. I was committing self murder and creating a tragic pain for my family in the future. I smoked and ate every substance or particle consider edible by the human kind:tongue: . Without a thought of nutrition or ever feeling full, I kept my jaw very busy throughout the day until one day, the day that made my world come to a complete stop. It took 7 powerful words from the mouth of innocence in which the thoughts are as pure as love, the 7 words which came from my daughter and son. they said, "Daddy, we don't want you to die!" :flowerforyou: (Pertaining to me smoking). Now, Let me tell you friends, those words felt like a muscular 350 pound man had taken 20 steps back and came running at full force with a close fist to the center my face:sad: (ouch...get the picture?). As my daughter and son stared at me, I stood there speechless for a moment while in my thoughts I called myself a as$hole:grumble: , I then told my kids that I was going to be around for a very long time. SO BEGAN MY MISSION!:angry: The very next day while at my office, I took a cigarette break :smokin: (can you belive it?) and began to converse with a very good friend of mine. Now, let me tell you this...friends can sometimes be real BIG help:devil: (in some what way). As I told my so called dearest friend about the 350 pound man smashing my face in, my friend, with his kindest way of support, with all respect to my personal feelings, kindly said, "You are Weak and have NO Will power, in other words..Man, You don’t have what it takes":huh: . As I stared at my friend thinking "what a F#@king *kitten*!":mad: , I could not stop asking myself.."How many times is that 350 pound man going to punch me the face?!!":cry: .
Well, let me tell you, with a very bold look in my face and a deep tone of voice I told my friend that he was wrong and that I was going to quit smoking and change my life:angry: (please note that at that very moment he laughed so hard that he basically almost urinated in his pants:laugh: )! Today, After 13 years of smoking and bad eating habits, I am proud to say that it has been 2 years since I had my last cigarette and almost 2 years since I have eaten pork, red meat or drank soda:bigsmile: . I eat plenty of vegetables and boneless chicken and drink natural iced teas. After accomplishing a great goal with great victory, I realize that I can accomplish any goal that I set. I started working back in February of 2009, and currently work out 5 to 6 days a week and have gone from 265 pounds to 240 pounds in 90 days (most of my weight has been replaced by muscle mass. Picture on profile is from April 09). I DO NOT STARVE MYSELF at all, I actually eat 7 to 8 meals a day. Meals that I eat consist of oatmeal, chicken, broccoli, mixed veggies, turkey ground, wheat bread, brown rice, Cheerios(brand)with pure honey, Whole wheat pancakes, whole wheat pasta (once every 2-3 months), boiled egg whites, ect.. I include 30 mins. of cardio in my workout (3 of 6 days). DO NOT EAT ANYTHING HEAVY AFTER 5pm:wink: ! I also include lots of protein w/ amino acids in my diet. I make sure that I also include Flax Seed oil and Fish oil in my diet:wink: .

Replies

• slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    WOW!!! You must be so proud of yourself!!! That is so awsome that you were able to look at your life, know it needed changed, and actually do what it took to change it and you're still going strong!!! Keep it up :happy:
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I read the story on your profile and it is very inspiring! Keep up the good work...:smile:
  • maszive
    maszive Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you ladies!

237361.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Your kids must be very proud of you too!
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Your story is an inspiration! Congratulations on your success! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • maszive
    Options
    Thank You All For All Your Posts! Yes, my kids are very proud....and I must say that it is a great feeling to know that they know that I am trying to be around for a long time for them!
    237361.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    Those 7 words, coming from your children, are the reason my husband quit smoking 10 years ago. GREAT job for taking your life into your hands!. Congrats. :flowerforyou:
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What a great story. It makes it all seem so very possible to reach goal. As a child of a parent that smokes I want to say thank you!!!! I am sure that is one less thing your children will worry about. :heart:
  • maszive
    Options
    THANK YOU! We as parents live for our children and pray that we can be a better mother or father then our own parents (not to say that our parents did anything wrong! GREAT JOB MOM!). By me smoking and not taking my well being into consideration, I was creating a trend that would have possibly been followed by my children. If someone who has read my post has or know someone who is in a battle with a addiction, I recommend that you or that person, ask yourself a very important question; "If I was to die tomorrow, what would be of my children?". All your children ask is for you to be around to share a smile with them in their happy moments and to hold and hug them in their most saddest! THERE IS NO GREATER LOVE THAN A LOVE FOR YOUR CHILDREN! God Bless you ALL! Thanks for the post reply!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!