Any StrongLifts 5x5 lifters out there?!

Options
Raiderxx
Raiderxx Posts: 105 Member
I have been using Medhi's StrongLifts 5x5 for a little over a month now. Started out doing it on a balance smith setup, but then purchased a Squat Rack and free weights set because that is what is recommended for the best results. I am very dedicated to this program and so far it is working great! I can already tell a difference in my strength!

Anyone else out there using it? I would love to have more friends on my list that do! Send me a friend request with a message telling me you are using the SL5x5! :D

Replies

• petchib
    petchib Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm in my third week, loving it so far, I'm expecting big things from it!
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I started it in January. I've lost 8lbs and two dress sizes since then. I've had to remove squats from my routine due to an injury, though, so my progress has slowed a bit.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    i never did stronglifts.
    I had a few crappy routines, then got on 5/3/1 and have stuck with that for the past 6 months.
    occasionally i incorporate a few westside-esque workouts with bands/chains.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 weeks in. I didn't have any 1RM numbers to start from, so I guesstimated the start weights on each exercise. I've now passed into *hard* lifting territory - the reps are getting very strenuous and I can no longer do any ancillary exercises in between sets.

I dig it. It's been good for me and I intend to continue.
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Me! I had to take 6 weeks off from lifting (surgery) and should be cleared in 2 weeks. Can't wait to start following this program again.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    last 5x5 i lifted was animal style from IN and OUT
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I was using bill starr advanced 5x5, what stronglifts is based on, and was in week 6 and already up 7% in my lifts. 5x5 is my spring goto workout for strength since I tend to take it easy in the summer, as far as strength training goes. I say was cause I tore my calf doing a fitness bootcamp and might be out for a bit. Keep up the good work, it is well worth it.
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I just started (for real) this week. I am looking forward to working the program. Friend me if you like.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    last 5x5 i lifted was animal style from IN and OUT

I love you, please non-marry me and let me share you with your wife.
    :flowerforyou:
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    Started April 1st, following the program to the letter. The progressive training is addictive! Happy to connect with you.
  • petchib
    petchib Posts: 15
    Options
    Are any of you guys part of the StrongLifts Inner Circle?? Just wondering if its any good and what the fees are...
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have completed fourteen sessions, averaging two sessions per week. I am noticeably stronger than when I started, which is fantastic.

Is there a Stronglifts group here on MFP? I have not found one with a search. I know there is one for women, but I'd love to have a group where I can participate.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 2nd week.

Going light (bar only) on the squats at the moment due to a knee injury.