how can i ...

Options
burn fat from my upper thighs? They are the same size as 24.5lbs ago, yet my lower thigh has become delightfully smaller!!! I know you cant spot reduce, but there must be something i can do?

I have lost 5.5inches off my waist same off my hips, and lost off my lower thigh.... Im gonna look stupid naked at this rate! and i can have that!

Replies

• Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    you cannot spot reduce, fat comes off where and when it wants to you can build lean muscle in that area and thats what you should do squats, deadlifts etc-TY
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    burn fat from my upper thighs? They are the same size as 24.5lbs ago, yet my lower thigh has become delightfully smaller!!! I know you cant spot reduce, but there must be something i can do?

I have lost 5.5inches off my waist same off my hips, and lost off my lower thigh.... Im gonna look stupid naked at this rate! and i can have that!

Pilates? Have you tried them? The will help whittle certain areas.
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    burn fat from my upper thighs?

I know you cant spot reduce,

Asked and answered.

Yeah, it blows, but there isn't anything you can do about it.

I was in the Publix the other day and perusing the magazine aisle. One of the popular women's "fitness" mags was telling me how I could blast inner thigh fat in only 20 mins a day. This is one of my biggest bane's when it comes to my body. Despite the dozens of books, journals, articles, studies (yeah, I'm a geek) I've read that all tell me the only way it will work is by reducing my fat overall, I still found myself wanting to get the rag, er, mag, and target that trouble zone! Damn you, women's "fitness" industry with your 2# weights and unscientific advice.......

Just an anecdote. But yeah, keep on keepin' on and you'll see it.
  • joelleh26
    joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Lol thanks :)
  • joelleh26
    joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    as for pilates i havent, but i will give it a go!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I've always struggled with big thighs (in my mind)... the only thing that I've found is long duration cardio... The only time I've been happy with my upper thighs has been when I was swimming 6kms a week, or running about 15 - 20 miles a week.

Note also: in both cases, I kept that pace up for 6 months before I saw ANY differences...

Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS at your amazing progress!!! So proud for you!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I know you cant spot reduce,

you already answered yourself.