Major NSV - read if you get obsessed with the scale!

Options

Replies

• N_Bridgeman
    N_Bridgeman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great reminder! Something I think I forget all too often :D
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. The scale is only one part of the big picture. I'm working on getting Body Fat and BMI to a healthy level and the scale is only part of what is getting me there.

Congratulations on your NSV !!!
  • jpruder
    jpruder Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So encouraging! Thanks for sharing!
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    its so awesome! and crazy what fitness can do for your body. congrats :)
  • halhix
    halhix Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Excellent job. Now burn your fat clothes and never go back (or donate them...). I find that to be a good motivation to stay small :)
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! And this is so true...I'm still obsessed though!!!
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Very nice.

Weight is just about useless. I wrote about this on my blog:

http://bit.ly/IG6PjD

Weight is a useless number. And so is thinking you are getting skinnier. Getting a tape measure and body fat caliper proofs that you are in fact reaching your goal and not "thinking" that you are.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Excellent job. Now burn your fat clothes and never go back (or donate them...). I find that to be a good motivation to stay small :)

I have them in big garbage bags right now. The plan is to hire a seamstress to cut them up and make me "new" clothes out of them once I hit my goal weight.
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for this post! I am obsessed with what the scale says and always have been! Ive started lifting weights and am known to be kind of impatient waiting to see results. jsut wish I knew more of what weight routines would work for me best. I cant afford a personal trainer so I jsut go off of routines I find.
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I got rid of all my clothing :( We move a lot but I wish I had kept some of them.
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    that is amazing. congrats on your NSV!!!
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I need to see it today. I'm going to put my scale on the top shelf of my closet and only get it down once a month when I take my measurements.
  • neh310
    neh310 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! I am a scale slave myself - perfect timing on this. Keep up the good work!
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I needed that too. The scales can be a huge de-motivator.
  • KeRAWRi
    KeRAWRi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Funny 'cause recently I got down to a total loss of 20 lbs and ended up going back to only 15 lbs lost a few weeks later. I put on a pair of shorts last night that are usually tight on me, ones that even at 20 lbs down were still snug and last night they fit me perfectly! It's not all about the scale sometimes. :] Must stay motivated! Congrats btw!
  • twilightobession
    twilightobession Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this post today. I have not seen the scale move this week. My orginal weigh in day if the week if Friday. So tomorrow is weigh in day. This morning I weighed and the scale had not moved. I thought this week was a pretty good week for eating and exercising. Maybe I need to try on some old clothes or take some measurements. Thanks for posting.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this post today. I have not seen the scale move this week. My orginal weigh in day if the week if Friday. So tomorrow is weigh in day. This morning I weighed and the scale had not moved. I thought this week was a pretty good week for eating and exercising. Maybe I need to try on some old clothes or take some measurements. Thanks for posting.

I strongly recommend to everyone to take measurements! Just make sure you are doing it at the same place on your body so you can have an accurate record. The easiest way is to measure up from the knee so you know the point on your thigh, measure down from your navel so you know the point on your hips, and measure up from the elbow so you know the right point on your arm.

To everyone who posted here... Thank you for your kind and supportive words!! I hope you have even better successes in your journey. :drinker:
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Very true! Thanks for posting!

I too recently fit into my "thin" jeans that I originally wore when I was about 15lbs lighter than I am now.

Congrats! Now throw those "fat" suits away!
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i needed to hear this...thank u!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Yup me too. I was wearing a pair of jeans 10 pounds ago, that last time I was my current weight, I couldn't wear. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!