Ab work outs while at your desk!!!

Options
So as I sit here I work I feel so lazy. SO I decided to look for ways to burn some calories and strengthen musles while sitting at my desk and no one even notices it.

Here are 2 exercises I have started today. They seem pretty easy and help strengthen the ab muscles. good luck!!

Isometric Abdominal Hold -
The isometric abdominal hold targets the bulk of the core muscles and helps improve their strength and endurance. Sit in your chair with your feet flat on the floor and your back straight. Inhale and contract the abdominal muscles. Hold the contraction for 10 to 20 seconds before relaxing. Perform five to 10 contractions throughout the day.

Seated Alternating Knee Raise -
The seated knee raise is effective at targeting the transverse abdomens and the lower fibers of the rectus abdomens muscles of the lower abs. Sit in your chair with your feet flat on the floor and back straight against the back of the chair. Inhale, stabilize your core, and raise your right knee straight up 3 to 4 inches. Hold this position for two counts and then lower back down. Repeat the movement with the other leg. Complete three sets of 10 to 15 repetitions per leg.

Hope you find them helpful!

Replies

• va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm always looking for stuff to do at my desk since I'm stuck at it for 8 hours a day! :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I almost got caught last time
  • Buettner22
    Buettner22 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. Im sitting at my desk right now bored out of my mind so ill give these a go!
  • Jackie_XOXOXO
    Jackie_XOXOXO Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Same here!! Anytime!:smile:
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Incredible!
    I have printed it and sticking it near my desk so that I remember doing it :D
    Thanks a ton!
  • barbaradilisio
    Options
    These are helpful! Thanks so much!
  • mixtaplix
    mixtaplix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a chair that has high arms, so I use them as grab points, cross my legs and hold them out under the desk with abs tight, while I raise and lower myself in a sort of half-dip. Seems to work the abs, Traps, and Triceps for me. 2-3 sets of 10 of those, and you're breaking sweat at your desk. :laugh:
  • Jackie_XOXOXO
    Options
    Now that sounds like a little challenge..LOL I will certainly add those to my list of desk workouts. I have been trying to squeeze in any exercise I can.. I usuallytake 2 10 minute breaks at work. And take that as my 10 minutes of brisk walking. Like I said any work out anytime! Every litle bit helps!
  • blondyjo40
    blondyjo40 Posts: 2
    Options
    those sound like good exercises
  • Angelfromokc
    Angelfromokc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Incredible!
    I have printed it and sticking it near my desk so that I remember doing it :D
    Thanks a ton!
    [/quote

Me too!! thanks :)
  • Jackie_XOXOXO
    Options
    Anytime! Hope they come in handy! Ill be sure to update as I can with exercises that can be done while at work. Since majority of us work at desk job we can sure use some extra calorie burners.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm totally going to start doing these at my desk... since I'm there 8 dreaded hours a day... I thought about bringing my thigh master to work - but it kinda squeeks when pushed together - and I would really rather not have that conversation of "What are you doing under there?"... LOL!
  • Rosetta2015
    Rosetta2015 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ohhh... Definitely going to try those. Cheers :D